CO fires

WTFJohn

WKR
How is the pine gulch fire looking today? Hoping it is just about over with. Generally hunt unit 34, but looks like i might have to go to the back up plan. Any help with the current condition of 34 would be greatly appreciated. Did not buy the OTC tag yet Thanks!

Inciweb Pine Gulch Here is a link to the inciweb page on the fire... Which has been posted multiple times before. You should be planning on going elsewhere, what isn't going to still be closed will be a zoo. Pine Gulch is the largest fire in CO state history, there will be cleanup operations for at least another month, along with occasional air support.

A little clicking around and reading above will yield the following. You'll have to do some legwork from here.

A suppression repair group will work outside and inside the fire perimeter, assessing and repairing sites that were damaged from containing the fire. Repair includes returning areas to pre-fire conditions as much as possible; for example, by moving berms from dozer lines, narrowing trails that were opened, preventing lines from causing erosion and cleaning up areas where fire retardant was dropped. Priority areas will include access to ************* ***********. Fire personnel will contact private landowners over the next few days to secure permission to do suppression repair on their properties.

Thanks WTFJohn I did seen that info, I was looking for a boots on the ground type report. The web link confirms there is a fire and the area burnt or burning. Was wondering what part of that burn is still burning. Ha e a great day and good luck to the both of us!

How is the pine gulch fire looking today? Hoping it is just about over with. Generally hunt unit 34, but looks like i might have to go to the back up plan. Any help with the current condition of 34 would be greatly appreciated. Did not buy the OTC tag yet Thanks!
Grizzly Creek (not Pine Gulch) is the fire in unit 34. The fire itself has burned around 20% of unit 34, but the majority of the unit lies within the National Forest closure boundary. The Facebook page called "Grizzly Creek Fire" has been regularly posting video updates that go into greater detail than the info on Inciweb.
GCF Map 08-30-20.jpg

peddar01

FNG
Why not one more. Hopefully the smoke jumpers get a handle on this one. They have elevation to their advantage. It appears to be on the divide above the Encampment headwaters.

12991485f4f52257d318de042e0b0004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope this stays small. It's not even on inciweb yet! Fingers Crossed

Grizzly Creek (not Pine Gulch) is the fire in unit 34. The fire itself has burned around 20% of unit 34, but the majority of the unit lies within the National Forest closure boundary. The Facebook page called "Grizzly Creek Fire" has been regularly posting video updates that go into greater detail than the info on Inciweb.
View attachment 211632
Thank you for that information. Yes it is the Griz.

OP
M
Why not one more. Hopefully the smoke jumpers get a handle on this one. They have elevation to their advantage. It appears to be on the divide above the Encampment headwaters.

12991485f4f52257d318de042e0b0004.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooo this is the unit I was gonna Hunt....it made it the day before opening day and starts on fire you gotta be kidding me hahaha

OP
M
Hope this stays small. It's not even on inciweb yet! Fingers Crossed
I just looked on incinweb and googled it I can’t find any info besides that one twitter post, did the rain put it out? Or they get it contained do you know?

I just looked on incinweb and googled it I can’t find any info besides that one twitter post, did the rain put it out? Or they get it contained do you know?

Usually if RMACC posts about the initial attack and then not much more it either didn’t require much of a fight or it was a short burn from lightning etc. I checked the MODIS data on the SAFER page the first few days and there was no discernible growth, and a day or two after that it no longer registered hot spots. That combined with no local news out of steamboat and I’d say it’s a done deal for now.

27f2f6f161772b03909ac9afde6b1232.jpg

OP
M
Usually if RMACC posts about the initial attack and then not much more it either didn’t require much of a fight or it was a short burn from lightning etc. I checked the MODIS data on the SAFER page the first few days and there was no discernible growth, and a day or two after that it no longer registered hot spots. That combined with no local news out of steamboat and I’d say it’s a done deal for now.

27f2f6f161772b03909ac9afde6b1232.jpg

That’s what I was hoping i Found one post on the steamboat Facebook page but nothing more.