CO GMU 54

trdhtr

FNG
I have drawn a archery tag for 54 this year and am planning a solo hunt. This is not my first solo hunt in the back country. I prefer to be on my own and not looking for a hunting partner or trying to gain info on someone else hunting plans. I am only testing the waters to see if there is anyone planning to be in the same area during the first week that may be interested in helping each other packing out a elk. I hunt with a trad bow and plan on being very mobile. I have only heard from one outfitter who wanted $1,200 for a pack out only.
Thanks for reading the post.

OP
T

trdhtr

FNG
Don't know anything about 54 but $1200 is at least $600 too rich for a pack out.
I thought so too! I had one lined up for 53 at $400. Unfortunately that one is licensed in 54.

elkster

FNG
Will hunt that unit in 2022, Know a packer who might be willing to hire on if you are hunting in his preferred area. He packs in 53 mostly. P.M. me

I hunted there two different times. It is some steep country. It is wise of you to search for help with packing. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

trdhtr

FNG
Will hunt that unit in 2022, Know a packer who might be willing to hire on if you are hunting in his preferred area. He packs in 53 mostly. P.M. me
Thank you, unfortunately I can't PM due to being a new member and not having enough posts. If you'd like to email me you can at [email protected]

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Well I hope someone helps you out, you will be tripping over Bulls in that country, trying to figure out which one to shoot. Almost have to beat them off with a stick if you do much cow calling.