CO Hike Suggestions near Aspen?

Jdog

WKR
All - wife and I will be visiting CO early to middle June.

We are gonna do an overnighter/hike somewheres near Aspen.

We are coming from sea level but are in decent/good shape.

Any suggestions for a 2 day trip with some good scenery and possible lake side camping?

thanks!

The wife and I hiked up to American Lake in the Maroon Bells (outside of Aspen). It was, I believe 4 miles each way and it was a pretty good elevation gain, but it's a pleasant hike. I wll say that we went the last weekend in May and there was still quite a bit of snow up there. We dealt with it and camped next to the lake...which was still frozen. Mid-June should be pretty nice and it's a perfect overnighter for a flat lander couple. Hope that helps..

Conundrum Trail. First roundabout out of Aspen go around head south (towards Hospital) this is Forest Road 102 /Castle Creek Rd. Go about 4.25 miles and you will come to Forest road 128 (trail 1981)take this all the way to the trail head, maybe a mile. Very easy hike(8 mile one way) you are in the valley floor the entire way- scenic beyond belief - to Conundrum Hot Springs take a dip, camp nearby. If you are lucky you could see some Goats take bino's. You are welcome