CO Leftover list is up

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
This is the real question. Any validity to the CPW office technique?
This is the real question. It says you can be logged in to the residency page as early as 8. It says a tag can be in your cart for 15 min so does that mean I can select my hunt at 845???? All this thought to be shot down again.

WKR
Always gives me hope to score a tag, I was lucky last year with the random issued tags. I think it will be harder this year.

def90

WKR
This is the real question. It says you can be logged in to the residency page as early as 8. It says a tag can be in your cart for 15 min so does that mean I can select my hunt at 845???? All this thought to be shot down again.
Before they had the second draw and just had the left over list you could not do this, the selections didn’t show up until 9:00 when they went on sale and at that point you had 100,000 people all trying to use a checkout and payment processing page that was designed to run maybe a dozen users at once. I’m expecting the same shit show again on the 3rd.

OP
BrokenArrow
Wow, that was a complete disaster.
Did any other residents have trouble getting past the residency page even though they had been in line for over an hour?

Wow, that was a complete disaster.
Did any other residents have trouble getting past the residency page even though they had been in line for over an hour?
It actually was the most flawless that it has ever been for me. Logged in at 8am was in the queue, got right in at 9am, but no luck on the 2 tags I was chasing. I don't know how my fingers can go any faster or how I could of done anything any better, and still no luck.

def90

WKR
I got in at about 9:10.. by that time all 5 of the tags I was interested in were already gone. OTC Archery Elk, that's it for me this year.

I can't find the post but CPW posted online today that this year around 250,000 people applied for around 100,000 elk tags which was up from something 200,000 for 101,000 elk tags the previous year. They had all of the numbers laid out. Deep applications were up hugs this year as well.

OP
BrokenArrow
It’s been a very different and strategic year.
I even went to a license agent (which) has never failed me in the last 10 years on leftover day. No dice. I’ve had great tags in the past and am in no way bitter. Very grateful in fact. But it seems that the computer system might have actually worked too well this year!
basically, I believe the employees got all the tags. A few folks I know were able to get something at least, although less desirable tags

OP
BrokenArrow
A couple of folks I know were In The queue at 8:00:05secs and we’re not able to get through the residency page after waiting an hour. Really feel bad for them

Looks like they’re a lot of tags if you own private land in CO., it’s been getting worse and worse and the amount of land they Gov leases now is criminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntin_GI

WKR
I went through the system, signed in at 0800 but never got placed in the que. At 0900 I input my residency information only to then be put in the que which of course means I got nothing. I had more than 20 tags on a list before the system went live and when I got in at 913, not a single tag was left.

This morning I went onto the Idaho page to attempt to get returned tags. As soon as I logged in (10 mins before it went live) I was placed in the que which then assigns users a random number when the tags go on sale. It shows your your number in the que and then at the bottom of the page updates to show which tags are no longer available. 10000% Better experience and I didn't get a damn thing but atleast the process isn't the shit show CO is.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like most people that were sent back to the que at 9:00 after the residency page tried to log in exactly at 8:00. They said the system was suppose to reset AT 8:00am, I wonder if it didn't finish resetting until a few seconds later, so everyone who thought they were first in the door were actually early and never in the right place to begin? I read on the FAQ you cant be in the system for more than 65 minutes without sending you back? Or there own computer or internet browser/connection timed out from not being active? Or someone's clocks was fast? Who knows....