CO Leftover list is up

OP
BrokenArrow
There is a fair amount of tags. But, by putting them on sale same time every week, we are likely gonna see a crash or two

xcutter

WKR
How do you get one of these tags? What does the "A" or "B" mean? Be nice to get a archery mule deer doe tag while on my elk hunt.

Dirtbag

WKR
A bear tag I applied for twice is still on the leftover list......Committed elsewhere now, but that is aggravating.
There's multiple of the deer tag that I not only applied for in the primary as a first choice but also as a first choice in the secondary and didn't draw it.

every tag I applied for in the secondary has tags available. I know how you feel haha.

def90

WKR
How do you get one of these tags? What does the "A" or "B" mean? Be nice to get a archery mule deer doe tag while on my elk hunt.

They go on sale on Aug 3rd.

The A and B are A list, B list and C list. You can only have one A list tag per species, you can have up to 2 B list tags per species, you can have unlimited C List tags. You can have combinations such as 1 A list, 1 B list and 2 C list tags, or 2 B list and 3 C List tags.. and so on. A list tags are generally either sex or buck/bull tags, B list tags are typically doe/cow tags, C list tags are typically special private land only type tags.

Btaylor

WKR
There's multiple of the deer tag that I not only applied for in the primary as a first choice but also as a first choice in the secondary and didn't draw it.

every tag I applied for in the secondary has tags available. I know how you feel haha.
How is that possible?

Dirtbag

WKR
How is that possible?
My only guess is that the people that drew them decided to turn them back in or couldnt pay for them, or the CPW hates me. I applied for 8 applications total in colorado in primary and secondary draws, all of which I had a pretty good chance of drawing statistically(aside from the big three) and I drew nothing in my home state. Managed three nonresident permits though.

How is that possible?
As mentioned they are "reissued"- originally given out in the 1st draw. CPW saw this as a way to make more money on cancelled tags. The other option was to issue more tags factoring in a percentage that would not hunt, but that had the potential to over harvest.

Usually they are turned back because the hunter no longer can make the hunt. You have to do so 30 days before the season starts to get your PP back or request a refund

What's weird is some of the tag numbers changed from yesterday........ The conspiracy continues.

Huntin_GI

WKR
My only guess is that the people that drew them decided to turn them back in or couldnt pay for them, or the CPW hates me. I applied for 8 applications total in colorado in primary and secondary draws, all of which I had a pretty good chance of drawing statistically(aside from the big three) and I drew nothing in my home state. Managed three nonresident permits though.
I read this and thought "Hmm, I didn't type that but that person is me" lol. Swing and a miss on Elk, Antelope, and Mulies while simultanesouly striking out in New Mexico. Don't even get me started on the second draw.