CO Leftover List Posted

jkra410

FNG
Are these going to go immediately when it opens for sale? I see some of the units I would like to go to have 3-8 tags left. I am imagining it's like concert tickets and they go within 10 minutes...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Question guys. I see some hunt codes with an special restrictions apply at the end? What are the restrictions?

Thanks!

dotman

WKR
Wow shocked by some of the units with leftover tags. This list has to be messed up.

Last edited:

ckleeves

WKR
Wow shocked by some of the units with leftover tags. This list has to be messed up.

I think it must be the way they are now reissuing turned in licenses? That's the only thing I can think of because there is some premium tags that I know for a fact weren't under applied for.

dotman

WKR

I think it must be the way they are now reissuing turned in licenses? That's the only thing I can think of because there is some premium tags that I know for a fact weren't under applied for.

Kind of surprised if that many quality tags were turned back in.

Colorado has a very broken system. There are leftovers for 3 tags I put in for. I had points for each of them. How does that happen? It is amazing that the DOW continues to mess things up with no responsibility fir their actions.

Colorado has a very broken system. There are leftovers for 3 tags I put in for. I had points for each of them. How does that happen? It is amazing that the DOW continues to mess things up with no responsibility fir their actions.

As stated above, it's likely these tags were turned back in and not as the result of a foul up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, thats about as messed up as a soup sandwich. Id be calling them and asking WTH is going on. Thats BS right there!

Every year they seem to have some major problem. I really cant think of a department more poorly ran than the DOW.

It's because they are posting the tags that were turned in. So someone who got the tag originally didn't want it for some reason and now they reposted the tag so you can buy it. Reissue started this year with the whole 30 day rule

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I think it's good they put these tags back in instead of just not reissuing them. I think it would take to long to do a redraw of those that didn't draw but it also gives those that didn't draw an op to get the tag this year and next year if they have plenty of points.

I hope that is it but some of the numbers are hard to believe that its just people that turned in tags.

Any tag that takes more than 10 points on an average year to draw goes to the next person in line to draw the tag. But they said calling for all the other limited licenses would not be cost effective. So they figured to put them out to a first come basis. They will also be updating the list as people turn in their tags through out the year. So many people will wait till just before 30 days to turn in their tag.

dotman

WKR
Any tag that takes more than 10 points on an average year to draw goes to the next person in line to draw the tag. But they said calling for all the other limited licenses would not be cost effective. So they figured to put them out to a first come basis. They will also be updating the list as people turn in their tags through out the year. So many people will wait till just before 30 days to turn in their tag.

How do they determine who the next person inline is for each unit? If there are 100 people with the same number of points they would have to again do a random redraw, they would have zero clue how many redraws would be needed as you never know how many tags will be returned each day. Also what about tags returned in the next few weeks, another redraw?

This really is the best way for them to handle it, add tags to the list as they are returned. So we may see a unit sell out on Aug 2nd but then have more tags added Aug 15th and again Aug 20th.

I'm just surprised by the number available.

They predetermin the alternates with the original draw. So if someone turns in the tag they call the next person that would have drawn. And if he says no thanks they go to the next person. If they have 2 tags then they call till they get those 2 tags filled. (Same as utah)

I'm not giving opinion if it's good or bad just stating how they are doing it for the 10 plus point tags.

Yes more tags will go on the list for later seasons but it will already be 30 days till archery so no more archery tags can be turned in. My guess is that 30 days out from 4th season there will be some good tags to be had, because most people will not be paying attention by then.

I think they should have put them in to two different lists. So people can see the turned in tags vs the leftovers. Because most will not be able to tell if they will be able to get a leftover for that unit next year or if it's just a turned in tag. Shocks me how many great high point tags are available. Going to make someone very happy!