CO Leftover Tags

Clarence

WKR
Tried for a hard to get mulie tag in the unit I will be hunting elk in. It was gone at 9:06 when I got done waiting in line, on line. Worth a shot anyhow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jdmaxwell

WKR
I got my Non Resident mule deer Archery tag for unit we Elk hunt.
There were 10 to start, lucky day

hammerguy

FNG
We didn't ever get through. 3 of us trying to get tags out of 17 left over. Maybe should have done it online individually but didn't want one or 2 of us to get one. Would have really screwed everything up since we are traveling with one vehicle.
If we were local, we would have stood in line while one of us called and the other worked the online angle via iPhone. :cool:

Phaseolus

WKR
Keep in mind the majority of these tags are leftovers as the name implies. First choice are those who put in for the main draw, second choice are those who check the “leftover draw” box. Third choice are those who tried to get one today. Granted, some are tags that have been turned back in and escape the first two criterion.

Got a muzzy doe antelope to go along with my buck tag. Congrats to those who got lucky today... I'm just waiting for @travisbertrand to tell you all how lucky he got!

gumbl3

WKR
Got a MD archery tag in an OTC Elk unit I'll be hunting this year.. Drew this tag a couple years ago as a N.R. so pretty stoked.. We'll have plenty of tags to fill

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Went for a shot in the dark tag and go figure..... just a fart in the wind! But did get a 4th season cow tag plus I drew my tags early on so cant complain! Good luck to all you guys and gals out there hope you all got what you wanted and be safe out there!!!

Me and my brother both got our Muley 2cd rifle tags. Hoping for OTC cow tags, but we are hunting one way or the other.

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
I had 10 minutes waiting with the spinning circle but got the only leftover deer tag in the unti I will be elk hunting. If only the hunt is as successful as getting that tag.

ColoradoV

WKR
I know several non res hunters who got tags on line. Including one high country rifle buck tag at least 4 guys #1 in line were after and there was only 1 - it sold on line. It seems the on line was working well.

If you were like me and literally one of 1000’s of folks logging on for 1-2 tags it is a good luck type of thing or luck helps more than anything.

I was #1 in line wife was number 2. She got a bull tag. All in all a fun day.

But yea way easier to get one from here on out that is returned.

Coondog

Lil-Rokslider
We whiffed group of 4 all in at 9 waited for 10 minutes to find out.......No quota avaiable

The list sold out much faster this year it seems. I had bought a fourth rifle cow tag well into October the last few years, with 50+ available yet. This year, they're already gone. Numerous other tags that I've either bought or watched are gone as well.

I snagged a third rifle cow tag about 10:00am yesterday for insurance.

Luckily got the tag I wanted, three days later...next year I'll make sure I'm not in a Mexican pueblo with no cell service or internet on leftover day haha

Jakelf13

FNG
This non-resident got one, granted there was over 100 leftover for that first season rifle tag, but since they are sold out now I’m not complaining. No issues outside of wasting time not realizing it’s best to try one code at a time. Should have snagged a unit 77 tag if not for wasting 5 minutes before I figured that out, I’ll settle for unit 41 and be happy for my first trip out there.
I’ll be hunting Zone 41 for the first time also, I was happy to get the cow tag and not have to go OTC.