CO leftover tags

dotman

WKR
Is there anywhere to see how many leftover tags were in each unit last year and years past before they were snagged up? Or is it a get ready and try to be the first one to call in game and hope they have a few in your unit? I'm talking archery, actually is there a way to see if all tags were drawn this year so you know what units will have leftover tags?

Actually I think I know the answer to the first question, just look at prior year draw results and see how many applied. This is what I get for not putting in for deer.

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you go to the big game page on the website and look on the left windows, you should see a link for "statistics".

Once there, pick your year and "hunt recap summaries"

You'll have to pick 2011, as 2012 isn't posted yet, but you can get idea of demand.

It's cumbersome, but you can see how many public tags were in the quota on the left under "Gen" and "Lown"
Read right and if the choices 1 through 4 don't add up to the "Gen", and/or the "Lown" choices don't add up to quote, there were leftovers.

Example:
Hunt Cde Gen LOwn NRes Yth| Choice1 Choice2 Choice3 Choice4
DM020O1M 149 26 0 0| 34 50 21 7

For that hunt, only 112 apps choice 1-4 but there were 149 licenses available, so 37 leftovers in Gen, but the Landowner tags come out of Gen and there were 26 so only 11 should have been leftover, BUT, there were only one app for landowners choices, so I'd say 36 licences went into left over.

That is my take on it, if anyone has a simpler method, please post.

Foldem

WKR
Another way is to go to the statistics and look in the "draw summary". On the left side of the table it will say "Orig quota" then a number, just below that it will say "currnent balance". If the current balance is zero, there are no leftovers. If there is a number there are that many tags left, but they still may bo in the leftover draw, so if there are only 1 or 2 left there is a good chance they will get scooped up in the leftover draw before the go on sale as leftovers. The only way to participate in the leftover draw is if you were unsuccessful in the general draw and put "leftover draw" as your unsuccessful choice.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Thanks guys, thats what I had kind of thought but just wanted to verify.