CO Leftovers Posted

Oh man, I see my unit on the leftover list. That's fantastic news for us if my buddies can pickup a tag in my unit rather than in the unit next to me it'll change my whole hunt strategy. Thx for posting, you've made my day.

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first go around at CO archery elk. I was planning on an OTC unit and have plans A, B, C, D and E in place. But I now wonder if it might be better to look at one of the leftover tags. There are about a zillion tags left in the new SW units for bulls only which is fine with me. It seems as if any one of those units is probably a shoe in for a tag on Aug 4. The question how many tags were already issued. I know archery pressure in SW CO has been high to say the least. It seems as if it could be significantly lower this year, but the question remains how many tags were issued compared to how many people hunted OTC there in the past. Clearly, the country down there is in general rougher than the areas I've been looking at OTC.

Most of the other archery leftovers only have one to a dozen tags or so, and I am guessing getting one of those is pretty much a crapshoot at 9AM.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first go around at CO archery elk. I was planning on an OTC unit and have plans A, B, C, D and E in place. But I now wonder if it might be better to look at one of the leftover tags. There are about a zillion tags left in the new SW units for bulls only which is fine with me. It seems as if any one of those units is probably a shoe in for a tag on Aug 4. The question how many tags were already issued. I know archery pressure in SW CO has been high to say the least. It seems as if it could be significantly lower this year, but the question remains how many tags were issued compared to how many people hunted OTC there in the past. Clearly, the country down there is in general rougher than the areas I've been looking at OTC.

Most of the other archery leftovers only have one to a dozen tags or so, and I am guessing getting one of those is pretty much a crapshoot at 9AM.
You and about 5000 other OTC hunters will have the same idea after seeing these posts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
You and about 5000 other OTC hunters will have the same idea after seeing these posts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Well then I guess OTC will be less crowded if I wind up there. Seriously, like this is first post on the leftover and SW CO this year? This isn't FB, most Roksliders interested in CO are all well aware and they all know how to read a leftover report. I was surprised at the number available, but hey, the beauty of it is no one knows how many were issued do they? No one knows how many actually hunted there in the past either other than a WAG estimate.

Sounds like maybe you'll be in one of those units.

holmesac89

Lil-Rokslider
I thought units that took 5 or more points to draw didn't go on the leftover list. They went to the next person in line that applied for the unit in the regular draw. I guess I was wrong?

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
I thought units that took 5 or more points to draw didn't go on the leftover list. They went to the next person in line that applied for the unit in the regular draw. I guess I was wrong?
I thought it was the next 5 people in line for the reissues only. This list is only leftovers so far, which means anyone who applied would have gotten a tag, even those with zero, correct? The reissues are a couple days later.

cmbbulldog

Lil-Rokslider
A hunt code that takes 5 or more PPs goes to next people in line.

This list includes both leftovers and reissues

only to the next 5 in line... after that, goes to leftover list. So, if those 5 decline... or more than 5 get turned in, goes on leftover list. Happens every year.

Those 5+ point tags go on the list when they are turned down. There are lots of 5+ tags that hit the list throughout the year.
This (y). If the first 5 don't want to use up all their points for the tag last minute, it will go on the reissue list. We are still seeing uncertainty due to Covid-19. who know if nR hunts will even be allowed! It happened in AK this spring, it can happen again.

Only if it was so easy :LOL: . hope you are fast on the keyboard

Yes indeed. It's not a high demand unit at all, these guys just didn't apply for the draw with me and ended up in the secondary getting the unit next door. I'm going to mail them both a 6 pack of energy drinks and some youtube videos for mouse and keyboard workouts for their fingers to get them ready. lol

Fitzwho

WKR
I see one on there that I might have to at least try to get. Really don't need another tag this year, but there is one on there that I want real bad, and it doesn't overlap any of my other hunts. Only 2 tags, but will be sitting there trying to make it happen Tuesday morning I guess.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Well then I guess OTC will be less crowded if I wind up there. Seriously, like this is first post on the leftover and SW CO this year? This isn't FB, most Roksliders interested in CO are all well aware and they all know how to read a leftover report. I was surprised at the number available, but hey, the beauty of it is no one knows how many were issued do they? No one knows how many actually hunted there in the past either other than a WAG estimate.

Sounds like maybe you'll be in one of those units.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like a dik. Everywhere will be crowded this year in CO, but I'm not worried about finding areas away from crowds. I'm still undecided where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere. This thread has near 500 views in 21 hours and there are other threads on rokslide forum sections and different forums. The list was only posted 5 days before they come available, so its an opportunity for some to pick up a tag. I just don't like extra competition for tags ;) Good luck this year!!

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I didn't mean to sound like a dik. Everywhere will be crowded this year in CO, but I'm not worried about finding areas away from crowds. I'm still undecided where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere. This thread has near 500 views in 21 hours and there are other threads on rokslide forum sections and different forums. The list was only posted 5 days before they come available, so its an opportunity for some to pick up a tag. I just don't like extra competition for tags ;) Good luck this year!!
I googled Colorado leftover elk. The first several hits were from a variety of forums and in the first couple pages the only Rokslide thread was from 2019.

I’m certain we’ll all find a place to go. We might have some neighbors but hopefully we’ll all have a safe enjoyable hunt and maybe even notch a tag.

Good Luck Dave :)