CO Legality ??

Goose10

FNG
Lee and Tiffany were on a Ranching for Wildlife property that has special dates and are considered rifle tags even though some choose to use bow, muzzleloader or even a crossbow. During regular archery or muzzleloader seasons the no electronics or sights with magnification applies. During the rifle season, those restrictions come off when using a rifle tag.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Lee and Tiffany were on a Ranching for Wildlife property that has special dates and are considered rifle tags even though some choose to use bow, muzzleloader or even a crossbow. During regular archery or muzzleloader seasons the no electronics or sights with magnification applies. During the rifle season, those restrictions come off when using a rifle tag.

That's odd.......RFW tags are supposed to be only available for CO residents.

lif

WKR
I’m not a big proponent of modern long range rifle shooting by any means. But archery is considered a primitive weapon by states definition and meant to be used in that manner. The lack of technology and the primitive standards are the reason why archers are allowed long seasons, good seasons, and in some cases more tags. (OTC). These primitive disadvantages are what keep the harvest numbers down on bow hunts Hence allowing more hunters opportunities to go hunting. I am also not big on muzzys that can reach 300 yards with modern scopes.

While not RFW tags in CO, I don’t sell my LO tags, I give them to friends and kids. They are also any weapon tags in a once in life time draw unit.

Archery and muzzle loader seasons are 'primitive weapon' seasons so CPW restrict the use of certain items such as electronic range finders or ANY type of magnification device. No scopes on the ML's and none of the magnifying thingies that go on a bow sight. While I can hardly make an argument for our compound bows or inline muzzleloaders being 'primitive weapons' they have to draw the line somewhere. No electronics or optics so that basically limits people's effective range.

wytx

WKR
RFW ranches are given tags for their clients in addition to the draw tags available to residents. They can sell guided or unguided hunts that include the tags and get to set their own seasons.

because the limitations are on archery equipment. the limitations on archery and muzzleloaders are because they wont those hunts to be conducted with "primitive weapons". that is why they limit electronic features and other advancements.

It would appear CO made some changes I don't remember the last sentence from previous years? If I'm reading this correct BDX is not legal for 2020? I'm not familiar enough with the internals of this system to know if it's okay under a technicality or not?

NOTE: SMART RIFLES are prohibited, including any firearm equipped with a target tracking system, electronically controlled, assisted or computer-linked trigger or a ballistics computer. Any firearm equipped with a scope containing a computer processor is considered to be a smart rifle.

Yep I saw that change this year too and it makes the SIG illegal. I guess the born and raised guys will have to go somewhere else this year

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Yep I saw that change this year too and it makes the SIG illegal. I guess the born and raised guys will have to go somewhere else this year

Unless they don’t read the new reg, then they’ll be the next celebrities in trouble.