CO point ask

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sitting on 25 NR elk points. I've been a grape grower for 43 seasons and could never go during prime time.
I have a buddy with one less point and we're thinking about doing the two year system....one hunts the other is support each year.
Prefer first rifle but we both have muzzleloaders as well.
Don't want to pay a guide but would consider trespass fee if it could get us in prime territory.
Thanks for any help.

Deerhunter6250

Lil-Rokslider
I would research what unit you can draw with the points you have. Then research that unit to see if its what you would like. My buddy has 29 points and still can’t draw a rifle tag in the top units for a few more years. Good luck

tracker12

WKR
My buddy and I did that a few years ago. I hunted unit 2 archery and 2 years later I hunted with him. His hunt was easier since I spent 15 days in the unit before his. I would highly recommend the muzzy hunt. Nothing like rutting bulls by the way we both killed good bulls. We also paid a trespass fee and went unguided

Sad part is that 25 points might buy you one of the top units. You might want to look at 76

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’d go most points you can draw regardless of weapon. Then I’d scout the sheet out of it. You’ve waited 25 years! Making a couple trips out to scout shouldn’t be an issue!

cgasner1

WKR
25 points I’d buy a membership to gohunt, epic out doors and whatever else such as that and start researching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk