CO: Say goodbye to big bucks?

OP
txhunter581
Sounds like the answer to the CWD problem would be to go back to OTC tags so forkies would be about all that is killed.

Taking tongue out of cheek now.

Foldem

WKR
They may be on to something but..... sure seems counter productive to form a mule deer working group to address the declining population in Colorado, then do this?

You guys should have written comments back when the comment period was open instead of waiting to complain now. Thanks to those that did comment either way.

Yotekiller

Lil-Rokslider
The state has had CWD for 50+ years the ground is permanently contaminated. What difference is it going to make how many bucks they are killing? They won't affect anything regarding the disease by modifying seasons.

Takem

WKR
They may be on to something but..... sure seems counter productive to form a mule deer working group to address the declining population in Colorado, then do this?

You guys should have written comments back when the comment period was open instead of waiting to complain now. Thanks to those that did comment either way.
I think they think by keeping the buck numbers down they will be helping the overall population. I am no expert on any of this but the more I read and listen to the people that seem like experts the more I pick up that they don't believe buck numbers matter that much for the overall population.

chindits

WKR
Some valid points have been made. CWD prions can survive 6 years in the soil. Anybody thinking mule deer management can effect CWD is from back east because around here elk and deer and bighorn sheep share the same range winter and summer so you can’t just manage it by deer alone.

This whole CWD thing is a farse, IMO. For starters, wisconsin has had ongoing efforts to battle this disease, somehow the deer herd has managed to survive winters, endless tags and mass slaughter. Glad nobody in my family has ever gotten sick in 110 years of sustinence harvesting 🤣🤣