CO temperatures in Sept.

Wapiti16

FNG
Hey, I’m a LA native myself. Will be hunting 74 this year for the 1st time. Was planning to run Sitka Apex pants. Just right or too hot? Will be packing in for 8-9 day stretch so trying to cover all bases with one pant. Or would you go with the lighter Ascent Pant?

(Top will be the lw hoodie, apex hoodie in the early/late hours mtn vest and puffy in pack.)

You can’t cheat the mountain

I wear my Apex pant & hoody over a lightweight synthetic base during archery elk in unit 73; they’re perfect for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renagde

WKR
For unit 74 I wouldn't take a bag warmer than 30*, but that all boils down to how warm you sleep and what you're comfortable with. Expect temperature swings from mid 20's to 80's. I have no problem staying warm in my 28* Mountain Hardware bag. I slept with my merino baselayers and never got uncomfortable sleeping in a floorless tent. If you're packing baselayers and a puffy, you'll be fine in a light sleeping bag.

come2elmo

WKR
Thanks for all of the feedback. I ended up purchasing the Big Agnes Torchlight UL 20° bag and a Klymit Insulated Static V Luxe XL pad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I’ll give you a tip on that klimit. If you have a chance use it a couple of times before you take it. Mine worked the first couple of nights then one of the zig zag seams let go and it would deflate. They replaced it under warranty but had I not been on a cot it Would have really sucked. I am only 236lbs soaking wet so you may not stress it as much as I do.