CO Third Rifle Clothes Review

Hunted 3rd season, NW CO between Craig and Meeker. Had a new set of clothes this year. Kryptek Altitude Bora outer, Ghar puffy, Arma hoody, Midway lightweight merino long sleeve, Midway shortsleeve synthetic, Kennetrac over the calf midweight wool socks, Irish Setter elk hunter boots and Kennetrac gaiters, Kryptek gloves. Pants were an older set of Bass Pro, Krypto, not made any more. Wish they were they are awesome!!!!!

Weather was 15 to 25 F, snow and very windy. This setup was awesome, when climbing I took off the Ghar and put it back on when glassing and sitting. The Bora stopped the wind!!! At times it almost blew me over, I'm 280 lbs. It held up with no issues pushing thru the oak brush or with the snow. Never cold. Boots and socks stayed dry, gaiters worked perfectly.

Don't remember model of the gloves, worked okay but snow stuck to them like velcro. When it did fingers got cold, needed hand warmers. Should have had some glove liners. I'm going to look for a different set of gloves.

Very impressed with the Kryptek Altitude.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    532.9 KB · Views: 70

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Hunted 3rd season, NW CO between Craig and Meeker. Had a new set of clothes this year. Kryptek Altitude Bora outer, Ghar puffy, Arma hoody, Midway lightweight merino long sleeve, Midway shortsleeve synthetic, Kennetrac over the calf midweight wool socks, Irish Setter elk hunter boots and Kennetrac gaiters, Kryptek gloves. Pants were an older set of Bass Pro, Krypto, not made any more. Wish they were they are awesome!!!!!

Weather was 15 to 25 F, snow and very windy. This setup was awesome, when climbing I took off the Ghar and put it back on when glassing and sitting. The Bora stopped the wind!!! At times it almost blew me over, I'm 280 lbs. It held up with no issues pushing thru the oak brush or with the snow. Never cold. Boots and socks stayed dry, gaiters worked perfectly.

Don't remember model of the gloves, worked okay but snow stuck to them like velcro. When it did fingers got cold, needed hand warmers. Should have had some glove liners. I'm going to look for a different set of gloves.

Very impressed with the Kryptek Altitude.
Congrats! We were at the Morapos Trailhead but didn't see any legal bulls.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
T
Talked to the head of the Rangers in the area and he said elk were not moving. We hunted 4 days and I only saw 1 legal bull. They were holed up in the steepest, nastiest, secluded places. Now Mule deer they were everywhere!!!!!! I was lucky to get a bull and a nice mule deer buck.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Talked to the head of the Rangers in the area and he said elk were not moving. We hunted 4 days and I only saw 1 legal bull. They were holed up in the steepest, nastiest, secluded places. Now Mule deer they were everywhere!!!!!! I was lucky to get a bull and a nice mule deer buck.
Yes, wish I had a muley tag. Was supposed to hunt GMU 8 but it was closed so had to go OTC.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Very nice, congratulations!

OP
T
I wore the Ghar under the Bora and over the Arma when it was cold. Yes it made a big difference! For as light as it is I was impressed. I had a thick permaloft vest I was planning on using but never needed it. The Ghar was awesome. Ryan Avery recommended it.

The weather was a lot colder than I anticipated and was very pleased with the performance of the Kryptek gear. The other 4 hunters had Sitka and First Light stuff. Not sure what as they had no idea!!! But they were complaining about being cold. The wind seemed to be the killer for them.

I can recommend the Bora and Ghar. The Arma hoody was also great. I didn't think I'd like a hood on the Arma and the Bora but ended up using both. The Arma when the wind wasn't howling and the Arma and Bora when the wind picked up.