CO Unit 231, 35,34,26,25 questions

paulv2585

FNG
I'm looking for information on Co units 231, 35,34,26,and 25. I'm not looking for honey holes or exact locations. I'm just looking to pick at other hunters brains for information on these units. A buddy and I are heading up there in mid sept. What are yalls thoughts on the terrain and how has the pressure been in the past. Thanks in advance and I look forward to talking with anyone that has more experience than me. Which is about 98% of you guys since this is my second time going elk hunting.

KHNC

WKR
Good luck. Second worst inquiry you could have on public forum. 1st would be specific areas of specific units.

MojoTX

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck. Second worst inquiry you could have on public forum. 1st would be specific areas of specific units.

The questions are pretty general. "Second worst inquiry" might be a tad extreme.

Anyways...

For terrain, using something like onX, goHunt maps, Gaia gps, etc will be your best bet. Check out the topo maps and 3D satellite views. Lot's of other map layers that will be helpful too. Since that is a OTC tag, hunting pressure will be high. Getting into roadless areas may help.

Good luck!

fishslap

WKR
Pressure is high, so high that guys with OTC tags illegally hunt adjacent draw units. Terrain is mixed. Hunt anywhere there are pockets of steep north facing timber with open meadows nearby. Water is everywhere so not much of a factor. Getting into roadless areas will not necessarily help there. Look for spots away from obvious access point (trails), fewer access points, or good road camping locations

OP
P

paulv2585

FNG
Didn't realize my question had hidden meaning but I thought that was about as general as I could get. I've been studying the maps so I have an "idea" but it's always nice hearing from people that have physically been in the area. Thanks for the responses!

231, 35,34,26,and 25

Thats a lot of ground to ask about. There are elk in all of those units. You shouldn't have a hard time finding hunters in there either. lol I have been in almost all of them and no, I am not willing to share any information. Do what I did and burn the boot leather. Youll find elk if you keep looking for them.

fishslap

WKR
231, 35,34,26,and 25

Thats a lot of ground to ask about. There are elk in all of those units. You shouldn't have a hard time finding hunters in there either. lol I have been in almost all of them and no, I am not willing to share any information. Do what I did and burn the boot leather. Youll find elk if you keep looking for them.
Thread is from last year. Did you dig it up to tell him you’re not willing to share info? Strange.

Deerhunter6250

Lil-Rokslider
I would pick one of the units hunt and research it to get to know it well and do it year after year. Once you narrowed it down to one unit then use the search function and send some PMs. Good luck and have fun.