CO Unit 48 Advice

I drew for archery tags for both elk and mule deer in Unit 48 in Colorado. This is my second time hunting that unit. Last time we saw a lot of mule deer, but no luck at all with elk. The worst part is I only had an elk tag.

We got into spots that looked prime for elk, but because we hunted during a drought year, it threw everything off. All the grasses seemed to be burnt off above tree line and water sources we found, seem to have only old sign.

Does anyone have any history hunting this unit? I would love to discuss and see if I should hit the spots I did last time in 2018 or any new ones. We are taking the same approach and bivy hunting. Thanks for any help!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
and where would one find these rules buddy? Didn't know it was a crime to ask for help
Here’s a snippet, we have a rules forum and a fng guide (fng subforum).

Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!