CO Unit 62 - Third Season

shanevg

WKR
It's a long shot but I thought I'd reach out on the forum. I've talked to a couple people so far for advice but am looking for any advice for a unit 62 third season rifle tag my dad and I drew this year. We will staying in Montrose for the season. Aiming for 160 bucks as a goal. We hunted one time in 2011 and got into a whole bunch of deer in one spot down low. (Will definitely be hitting that spot again) but didn't have much luck elsewhere in the unit. Wondering if anyone has any advice on spots to check out.

Thanks!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hi Shanevg, I 've scouted it in the summer just to see the terrain. Big buck potential. I'd focus on the nasty steep oak draws at least 1/2 mile from the road. 3rd season is always weather dependent but the more snow the better. Too much snow and private property low could become an issue. Hopefully someone with better info than me can help out.

I might have some info for you. Let me look into it and I'll let you know tomorrow.

Bulzeye

FNG
Can anyone report on weather conditions? Heading for 62 on Thursday, I've heard they got about 8 inches of snow on top from the last storm. Is that snow still on the ground? Have the bucks started moving down? I've heard they're in the oakbrush, probably get pushed lower after barrage of hunters this weekend... thx!

Heading to unit 62 3rd season, wondering if any of you have any advice or areas I should look at? I have some starting points and areas I will be hitting. Thanks for any advice in advance.