CO unit 63 3rd season?

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like if Colorado has a rifle season for non residents this year, I may be going to unit 63. I have a landowner tag for that unit. Curious as what it has for deer, quality wise. I haven't hunted Colorado in over 20 years so a greenhorn so to speak. thanks for any info on that unit.

HuntNTag

WKR
Looks like if Colorado has a rifle season for non residents this year, I may be going to unit 63. I have a landowner tag for that unit. Curious as what it has for deer, quality wise. I haven't hunted Colorado in over 20 years so a greenhorn so to speak. thanks for any info on that unit.

You are looking at some 170 inch bucks. Buck to doe ratio is around 33:100. I’d say your average buck is about 140-150 inches in that unit. Private land should net higher. I’m sure there are some sleeper bucks that are going to be in some places you would be surprised to see them.

HuntNTag

WKR
What season are you going to hunt because they made some serious changes this year to the mule deer dates.

HuntNTag

WKR
I should have read your title, says it right there! That season should be great for you with the buck movement. Good luck out there!!

OP
O

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I just hope the virus doesn't put a halt to any fall hunting travel!! Thanks for the info. as well!!!!!!

HuntNTag

WKR
I hear ya. I’m thinking the same. I can’t figure out if I want to apply for the crazy hard draw odd hunts due to lots of people being out of the draw due to fear or if I don’t want to risk anything and just hunt in my home state this year and get points instead.