Co. Unit 65

bcrim92

FNG
Hi everyone,
I'am still a fairly new elk hunter. Still trying to learn. I was thinking of trying unit 65, Colorado. Is this a good unit. Not looking for honey holes. Just making sure that there are a few elk in the unit and the pressure isn't too high. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
Plenty of elk in 65. Plenty of people also. You don't really get lots of elk without lots of people in Colorado OTC units. During the rifle seasons the elk can pushed onto some of the big private ranches.

OP
B

bcrim92

FNG
Thank you. I don't mind some people. Just means I have to go farther and hunt harder. Keeps me pushing. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't researching a bad unit.

I loved 65, so breathtakingly beautiful. We saw plenty elk. We never saw another hunter, but actually saw a lot of hikers and campers. We were near a 14 , I think that's why so many of them. They stayed on the trails and weren't really a problem

OP
B

bcrim92

FNG
I loved 65, so breathtakingly beautiful. We saw plenty elk. We never saw another hunter, but actually saw a lot of hikers and campers. We were near a 14 , I think that's why so many of them. They stayed on the trails and weren't really a problem

Awesome! Thanks. I was worried about the hikers and campers and didn't know if they would impact the elk. I still haven't killed an elk yet so, I'm not looking for a giant, just a legal bull. Thanks again.