CO unit 7 & 8 2nd rifle elk hunt

Me and my brother drew our first Elk tag this year in CO units 7 & 8. I'm in Vegas and he's in Dallas, so boots on the ground scouting is gonna be difficult. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Mostly looking for lodging and accessibility recommendations. I know a lot of the roads and campgrounds become inaccessible in the winter months. Any insight on which ones are plowed or typically closed or open during these months? Any recommendations on hotels, cabins, campgrounds, and boondocking spots in the area? Also if you have any tips for the elk population and habits in the area, I may be able to trade info on unit 34, elk and mule deer, or a couple different units in Nevada for Elk and muley.

Jaquomo

WKR
Be prepared to deal with unbelievable deadfall, and possibly snow during that season. Chains will be helpful. The USFS Canyon Lakes district MVUM map will show you which roads are open, as well as the fire closure map on that website. Elk can be anywhere in those units. As far as cabins, pretty much limited to Woods Landing on the north and Red Feather Lakes on the east side of 8. You might be able to find an AirBNB cabin somewhere. If you hunt the east side, you'll have lots of company. Otherwise there is plenty of camping pretty much anywhere you want.