CO Unit 70/71

p89

FNG
Anyone know some good summer camping things to do here with wife and a 5 year old, also a friend and his 6 and 8 year old and wife? maybe some fishing spots or stuff to do around town?

We be getting tags here so also maybe looking for some stuff the wife and kids can do in town while we go out and scout a bit. not sure of any good spots to glass, doesn't look like much.

maybe some cool roads to drive that has some water crossings, but might have some glassing spots along it. were looking to go mid august.

going to either pick up leftover archery tag or otc 2nd or 3rd elk but want to scout mainly for deer for when we get some points built up.

p89

FNG
We were in elk every day, too early i guess, only saw one bull that wasnt in velvet. Was very odd. We had fun couldnt get close enough to cows. Had cow tags. Very skidish

Forest service is cutting trails through former bedding areas, people driving their jeeps back into meadows where we’ve previously killed elk blaring their music so loud I can hear it from the top of the mountain. Campers and campers and campers galore in areas where there would be less than half a dozen in years past. Campers climbing up the mountain with their dogs coming to investigate our bugles near areas where we’ve gotten on herds before.

And that was two years ago. Only would have gotten worse last year. It was honestly distressing compared to what the area used to be like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk