Co unit 87/ Pawnee grasslands pronghorn

Finbob

FNG
Drew an archery tag this year in 87. Does anyone have any info on landowners who allow trespassing for fee or outfitters in the area? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bat-cave

WKR
I can't answer your questions directly, but I did hunt 87 archery a few years back. What I can say is that hunt during the week if possible as the weekends were a zoo and between people target shooting about anywhere they please and pretty heavy traffic on all the roads .. it was challenging. Lots of nice goats, but for me it was filled with unforeseen challenges. Ex: 3 stalks where I snuck in close on goats and was within no more than ~200 yards from a dirt roads (of which there are many on public land) and just as I was on the edge of my comfortable range ... a passing vehicle stops (not sure if they saw me or just the goat) and once a truck stops that close ... they are GONE! I heard bullets pass over my head in another area. I was a ways back and out of sight, so I'm confident that it was unintentional as there are people just pulling over and plinking left and right ... just be careful and likely why you hope to get private land access!

I still had fun and hope you find access!

OP
F

Finbob

FNG
I can't answer your questions directly, but I did hunt 87 archery a few years back. What I can say is that hunt during the week if possible as the weekends were a zoo and between people target shooting about anywhere they please and pretty heavy traffic on all the roads .. it was challenging. Lots of nice goats, but for me it was filled with unforeseen challenges. Ex: 3 stalks where I snuck in close on goats and was within no more than ~200 yards from a dirt roads (of which there are many on public land) and just as I was on the edge of my comfortable range ... a passing vehicle stops (not sure if they saw me or just the goat) and once a truck stops that close ... they are GONE! I heard bullets pass over my head in another area. I was a ways back and out of sight, so I'm confident that it was unintentional as there are people just pulling over and plinking left and right ... just be careful and likely why you hope to get private land access!

I still had fun and hope you find access!
Thanks a bunch!