Cody area fishing

kpk

WKR
Friend and I are heading to Cody later this week. Anyone have any recommendations on places we could fish an afternoon or two? We both have fly gear but aren't necessarily experts. We could pack spinning gear also if that'd be better.

We'll be south of Cody and I have a cow tag, but I won't be shooting late in the afternoon, so figured maybe we could catch some fish.

Thanks

I've never fished there in October but the big rivers around there have fish in them. I bet you could stick some swinging streamers. Or dredging nymphs. Maybe even a baetis hatch. Use your OnX to find the accesses. Swing in to North Fork Anglers in Cody and buy some flies and get the scoop.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Think I'm headed that way this weekend to hit some water. Another vote for stopping by North Fork Anglers, they have fishing reports for all the places. If the flies aren't working then toss some Silver Fox Vibrax spinners, silver and gold usually do pretty well.

sumyungguy

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Cody born and raised, excellent fly fishing out there for some trout in the Shashone River drainages as well as some steller one's in the Clark Fork's south of yellowstone. Highly recommend northfolkanglers if you want some better guidance on where exactly but that drainage and the forks I've had nothing but the best fly pulls there.