Coffee maker

Rook-

FNG
Work days it's a 12cup cuisinart with the stainless carafe. Coffee gets ground night before and timer has it ready by 5am. Off days it's a 48oz french press.
I'm not too much of a snob on beans. The Costco whole bean house blend is good cheap and consistent.

Conroy

WKR
I have become a coffee snob because of my girlfriend. Before her, I just drank just about anything. Now we have a Breville and drink Cuban coffee. I have no idea what happened. She bought the machine as a gift a couple years ago. I could have bought a non resident elk tag in WY for the price of that thing. Luckily I didn’t buy it, but I admit it’s the best coffee I’ve ever had.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
Ganglia Classic espresso machine. Yeah, I'm a snob. Don't buy coffee at Starbucks, as mine is much better, and costs pennies to make.

That said, I could live my life with a french press and freshly ground beans and die a happy man.

Coffee is the highlight of the day, and sacred!!!

FrankyMc

FNG
Work days it's a 12cup cuisinart with the stainless carafe. Coffee gets ground night before and timer has it ready by 5am. Off days it's a 48oz french press.
I'm not too much of a snob on beans. The Costco whole bean house blend is good cheap and consistent.
Wow, nice thread. Agree with this choice. Also, I'd recommend Bunn coffee makers but they are so expensive...

I have an electric percolator plugged into an Amazon Alexa plug. The percolator makes the best dang coffee and with the Alexa plug I can put it on a timer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisky

WKR
I ended up with a Tecnivorm Mochamaster, but no grinder yet. I've tried 3 different kinds of coffee grounds in it so far, and while it is a little better than the Keurig, it's still not what I was hoping to get. The grinder and whole beans are next on the list. However, now the wife thinks she wants an espresso machine to make latte type crap. So I'm trying to educate my self on a few of the options out there, and deciding between a machine with a built in espresso grinder, or if I need to buy a stand alone grinder that is suitable for both my drip coffee and her espresso/lattes.....This has turned into a fricken rabbit hole for sure!

Kilboars

WKR
The programming doesn’t always work out but you end up with a great shot of Cuban coffee.:)

91e9bfa553e501edcaa3f5b9cfbfde63.jpg

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Honestly I don’t use an electric drip coffee maker anymore I find it to be to bitter. I regularly use the aero press pretty simple cheap and easy to clean. Takes about two minutes to brew a cup. We have an electric grinder from Amazon. It’s ok. I’ve also used our moka pot for making “espresso” and like the wife lattes and what not

I ended up with a Tecnivorm Mochamaster, but no grinder yet. I've tried 3 different kinds of coffee grounds in it so far, and while it is a little better than the Keurig, it's still not what I was hoping to get. The grinder and whole beans are next on the list. However, now the wife thinks she wants an espresso machine to make latte type crap. So I'm trying to educate my self on a few of the options out there, and deciding between a machine with a built in espresso grinder, or if I need to buy a stand alone grinder that is suitable for both my drip coffee and her espresso/lattes.....This has turned into a fricken rabbit hole for sure!
Go separate. My understanding is that the grinders go out and turn non-serviceable more often than the rest of the machine, so then you are left with a useless machine. And with separate you have the flexibility to grind for espresso, drip, french press.

I went down the rabbit hole recently and got the Baratza Sette 30 grinder and a Gaggia Classic Pro. Awesome coffee, way better than the shop in town. There are so many tips and tricks that the espresso thing probably requires a new thread.

Jura Capresso! Fully programmable to your tastes/needs. Kinda expensive but lasts a long time. I have had two between the shop and my house and between them both they have made over 17k cups of coffee and have only been back to the shop for repair twice.
Once you start drinking coffee from a Jura most other ways of brewing don't come close.

I have a Jura. I am not sure if I love it more than my three children, but it’s close.

These people get it. Cost as much as a second hand Schmidt Bender riflescope. But damn does it make the best cup of coffee I've ever had.

TheGDog

WKR
Home use
Programmable
Single serve

What do you all recommend ?

French Press and pour it thru a paper filter too. The stuff that paper filter, filters outta there is bad for your heart and arteries. (Also bad for Acid Reflux)

I highly recommend NOT using a Kuerig or similar. They create a crap ton of waste, and... people forget to run cleaning solution thru them regularly, so you can end up getting sick from the bacteria and mold that can build up within them.

Besides... there is this neat sorta joy you get when you pour the whole beans into your little electric coffee grinder and whir it up for a bit... then that nice aroma hits you when you open it to pour it into the French Press! You end up really looking forward to the ritual aspect of it!

And with French Press... on certain days you can elect to go heavy or light on amount of coffee you add to tailor the strength of it.

feanor

WKR
If you drink black, It’s hard to mess up extremely good coffee with an aeropress. It’s cheap. No need for any special gear(except for a good burr grinder). Brew at home, office, road trip, hunting. All consistent results. Espresso is great if you prefer, but you can’t duplicate that while hunting. Only Down side to the aeropress is no program.