Coffee Press

Nuke Man

WKR
Sometimes via sometimes cowboy coffee. Get your water and grounds just to a boil, dump some cold water in to settle the grounds. Pour and drink

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Lol, that's funny 5milesback. I'm a grizzled old bush ape who lives more than 200 days a year in a wall tent but I sure enjoy me some French vanilla or mocha coffee when I get a chance.

My wife and I have had separate coffee makers since we got married 21 years ago just because of that flavored coffee crap. It ruins a good coffee maker. I can't even stand to be in the house when she's brewing up her coffee because of the smell.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you respect yourself and understand the value of a good cup of coffee you will stop drinking Via and spend $10 to get GSI Ultralight Java Drip to make a real pour over coffee.

I started out years ago with cowboy coffee, then eventually went to this ^^^^ method. The coffee never tastes the same as at home......i.e. it wasn't good. Then found Italian Roast Via's and I'm good. Drinking some now, and I'm at home. Yes, it's that good.

Jetboil coffee press.

I'd rather be poked in my shooting eye with a rusty nail than buy anything from Starbucks. Thank God Schultz isn't our SecState which is exactly the job Hillary promised him for being her biggest ass kissing super fan evil son of a bitch fund raising money bag!

Im super picky about my coffee/beans... I use an aeropress at home quite often so I also bring it into the field with me. I grind up servings before I go and put the grounds in seperate baggies.

My go-to beans right now are from Penrose, Maker Coffee and Middle State Coffee.

There are a few subjects on Rokslide that invoke a passionate discussion. This is one of my favorites. I used to work with this sailor that had an unusually deep voice and would always say "flavored coffee is the leading cause of the homofication of the American male". Coffee is fun. Backcountry coffee is challenging. There are so many options VIA IS NOT ONE OF THEM 💩

PJG

WKR
I roast my own coffee beans, too say I'm a coffee snob is an understatement. If I'm willing to carry a little extra I'll pack a French press or Aeropress. I really like the Aeropress because it essentially cleans itself, but it also produces a super clean cup because you are using a filter. I prefer a "dirty" cup and for that reason prefer a French press, but IMO they are a pain to clean in the backcountry.

As much of a snob I may be I'll still pack via's if I'm going a little lighter on weight. It's a far cry from real coffee, but works just fine every once and awhile.

Hunter6

WKR
I am trying out a snow peak drip filter this year. I've used it some and it works awesome. I've also been trying a brand of coffe called grizzlybean. They have single use packs that are nice for backpacking. So far so good the coffee does taste awesome.
cef812db7e470392221686c863a4c6f6.jpg

c97c59815f457bcafc981e46a1a91cb2.jpg

---

Follow me on Instagram @hunter_hindman

Jimbo V

WKR
This is the way I go now as well. I used to carry a press but I like the simpleness and the taste of the Starbucks individual packs.

I think they taste like straight a**. I find the Folgers Via packs a little more manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying out a snow peak drip filter this year. I've used it some and it works awesome.

They don't fold up all cute like the Snow Peak versions, but you can get plastic Melitta filter holders at most grocery stores for $4.95. Less than half the weight of the metal ones (1.6 oz) and mine is even made in USA.

Made thousands and thousands of cups in those things.