Coffee Press

tracker12

WKR
I have to have my coffee in the morning. What are you using in the field. Thinking of a Coffee Press.

Felix40

WKR
I just use the little tea bags of coffee. Works great for me. I dont like to carry extra stuff though.

WKR
Those little packs from Costco. Easy, no grounds, no wet bag of garbage to pack out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
Via or a reputable off brand (I like Safeway's variety just fine) get my vote. Just don't get the Taster's Choice style.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

I save the single serve coffee I get when I stay in a hotel or use the tea bag kind. I just put the packet in my cup and pour the boiling water over.
I like the taste of the bag coffee better than the Starbucks Via.
While in the suck, we used to use the instant coffee in MRE's and put between lip and gum like a dip LOL.

Beendare

WKR
Backpacking I use the vias.

The best coffee ever is from a French press- it's just about the only way I drink my coffee.

I have two that we use while horse packing. One a thermos style one bigger thats plastic with neoprene outer cover- both good.

When road camping, I have a "Big Sky Bistro" press that's makes great coffee. A bit too much trouble when backpacking unless I'm not in too far. Sells for $20 at REI.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
Like stated above, if you are using a Jetboil the press they sell makes great coffee. Starbucks Via will get the job done but the Jetboil press with whatever coffee you want is awesome.

Via is fine but doesn't hold a candle to a proper french press or pour over. If I'm trying go as light as possible, Via, otherwise a ti french press.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried quite a few different methods (mostly back in college days) but go with Via for backpacking. There are some other instant options my wife mixes with via, such as mocha and latte. She's also considering trying powdered butter. She does have via black with me backpacking more often than not.

Aeropress is really good for base camp. I definitely prefer that if car camping. Sometimes we even bring that when traveling to have better coffee in the hotel without supporting Starbucks every day.

If you're a real coffee snob you could pack the aeropress. We reuse the filter even at home (use it when we just want one cup at home).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk