Coffee While Hunting

Is that their only "pour in" style coffee they offer? Looks like the other ones are meant to be used with filters but I could be wrong.

From my understanding yes. I remember seeing on a thread a while back that they were potentially going to have more instant coffee options, but to my knowledge and after looking on the site, it doesnt appear so at this time. I would love it if they did

jspradley

WKR
i've read a bunch of articles claiming the deer will smell the coffee on you even if you drank it before you went out. I don't doubt it's true, but I can't live without some caffeine. I do sometimes drink an energy drink because it's a little easier and quicker. But I put the drink in a thermos. Don't want to "pop the top" in the woods. Hunting's funny. I know smokers who kill big deer...

Drink enough coffee and you can just run them down and it won't matter...

Cold coffee is better than no coffee.
I still have a couple cases of MREs. I think I may just use the meal heaters out of them for heating my coffee. Weight almost nothing and use next to no water to heat.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

No...don’t do it ...those you’ve injested that poison enough

GAF

FNG
For a day hunt it is the thermos in the pack. Overnight, I will bring the gear to make it fresh and a thermos to take it along.

I have used the coffee 'tea bags' ; two seems to do the trick, but I prefer Via hot or S-bucks instant cold (I forget the name).

GAF

FNG
Of course too much coffee induces the slightest tremor to my scopes reticle!!!

Ursus1975

FNG
Caffeinated hot chocolate for me. Gives a little sugar boost plus caffeine

Coffee in a thermos is great for truck camping, and stand sits, but I haven't found an instant coffee I like better than hot chocolate
right on.. i'm a cowboy coffee fan but i get tired of the clean up and water waste with that method. Started the hot chocolate train and i love it.

Agross

WKR
Last year while blind hunting for deer I started mixing coffee and hot chocolate in my thermos to take to the blind, Actually really liked it

MGade84

FNG
Via for all coffee needs. Predawn, midday, when ever. Small can of fuel, UL stove, and a little pot. Simple. Tried a few other options and always end up back with the Via.

Stumbled across this advice and couldn't be happier. Thank you for the tip!

If it's for the caffeine maybe just a pill? In a pinch I fall back to via if it's more the idea of drinking coffee or to keep warm.

matthewmt

WKR
If I'm truck camping it'll be a French press and "poor man's mocha" powdered cocoa, real creamer and strong coffee.

I've just had a hard time enjoying the taste of via although it can be cheap (8$) for two boxes at Costco on sale. I'll drink it over no coffee any time don't get me wrong.

I do enjoy the taste of black rifle coffee quite a bit more. It's by no means what I'd prefer in a cup of coffee but as far as if it's similar to instant Folgers I have no idea I only drink instant coffee when necessary

As far as carrying a jetboil, coffee/freeze dried meal. I think they can be handy on a day hunt when the sun goes down and or you need a hot drink with caffeine or a meal before or after you've had to break down a critter.

Picked up a Java press accessory for a jetboil yesterday so we'll see how it does.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

turfking

FNG
Trader Joe's instant with cream and sugar already added...does the trick! Small packets fit well in daily food bags.

Starbucks VIA packs are pretty good and packaged individually which is handy. Kinda pricey
Recently stumbled on Trader Joe's instant coffee mix. Glass jar for around 3 bucks and also is not bad.

Wright406

WKR
For those looking to ditch the Starbucks check out DarkTimber Coffee. Made for hunters by hunters. All kinds of options!