Coffee While Hunting

D16er

Lil-Rokslider
No coffee for me, I am more of a tea person. Especially before going to bed back in camp.

KyleS224

FNG
I've used the Folgers instant ones several times. They come in small packages just like tea bags. I always use 2 though

GLB

WKR
Coffee while hunting? Yes, Yes and Yes. On a backpack hunting I will take a small stove and make coffee while glassing.

OP
lyle_destroys
Jetboil with little coffee press attachment dealy. The best IMHO
I feel like jetboils take up too much room and cost too much for what they are. Something like a pocket rocket and aluminum or stainless cup/pot are so much cheaper and can be tiny.

Pepe55

FNG
Black rifle and folders packs are fine when 5 miles in and no baristas in sight. For a caffeine and energy boost try the Purity and Grace pure energy coffee chocolate chews. Two are equal to a large coffee and 4 a double shot espresso without the crash

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
I like my coffee like my women....light brown and super sweet! Can't bring my chilled creamer, so I like Hills Bros. Double mocha instant cappuccino!!! So good!

ebubedike

FNG
Hunting for 40 years and never went to my stand without my coffee and it never seemed to bother the deer.

I think any strange smell will increase a deer's sense of self preservation. Some deer may not care that much, others may care a lot, it all depends on how hard you want to get after them. I think if you are busting does and the coffee is an important part of your hunt then it shouldn't matter that much. I usually slam some sort of caffeine drink while up in the stand, its almost tradition now!

Nescafe pouches. Actually don't taste bad. MTNOPS Yeti helps add an extra caffeine boost.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sidog

FNG
Did Starbucks this year in cold water bottle, I hate Starbucks because of who they are, will be switching to black rifle next time.

Picked this little gem up and am super happy with it. It has a weight penalty compared to the VIAs, but it's worth it IMHO.
9730a66d4728fc25120f9c15fefbb0c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
VIA for me. Coffee is okay. After a few days, it’s awesome.

I can’t do coffee presses or “cowboy coffee” because I’m lazy. I hate washing out the grinds. I’m rarely spotting game at a water source. I’m up high looking at water sources. I have coffee with the water on me.

At camp, yea maybe..but I stick with the VIA for pure convenience. Chinese Grocery stores like 99Ranch have lots of other options. Lots of Vietnamese instant coffee that mixes up with a milky smoothness. Some are even pre sweet.

Spotnstok

FNG
I use a canister stove and a Finum Brew Basket or MSR Mugmate. It brews very good coffee, weighs an ounce, lasts forever, and cleans up way easier than a french press.

If going ultra light, then an alcohol stove and Medaglia D'Oro.

Deadfall

WKR
Jet boil with black rifle coffee instant packets while in the field. Very light, compact. Black rifle is good coffee.

Deadfall

WKR
I was looking at the jetboil java deal earlier. Pretty slick setup. I dont have any problem carrying some small bags of ground coffee with me. The starbucks stuff looks like MRE instant coffee to me, and its sucky.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
Black rifle coffee instant packets.....yum...yum...