Coincidence?

Ope

FNG
So its pretty obvious most people know about the "scammer for $2500" situation, and the corresponding "WKR help" donations thread. When I clicked his PayPal username in the donations thread it took me to a Rokslide account for Bradyhull22 instead of a PayPal account for Bradyhull22.

Rokslider- OregonHunter13: Allegedly 17, named Brady, allegedly got scammed for $2500, getting donations under the PayPal username Bradyhull22

Rokslider- Bradyhull22: Joined 3 days apart from Oregonhunter13, has one post about first time bear hunting his mother in laws property.

So is that a coincidence?

I only bring it up because there has been a substantial turnout of donations and I would hate to see alot of well meaning people get taken advantage of. I brought it up in the WKR help thread but got defensive responses instead of answers. I already know some guy supposedly face timed someone and they were younger and working in a coffee shop. That's not hard to fake. Seems like too big of a coincidence that another Rokslider just happened to have the same username as his PayPal account and joined 3 days apart?

screen1b.pngscreen1a.pngscreen1.png

I've lost 10 bucks in worse ways so I'm not going to lose any sleep if I also got scammed, but I am curious about the mother in law thing.

Ratbeetle

WKR
That would be one elaborate scam, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I'm sure you'll catch flack, but I see nothing wrong with asking for an explanation from someone getting a couple grand in donations.

Johnboy

WKR
I threw $10 at it. The risk was low for me. I trust that the biblical "Law of Sewing and Reaping" will prevail in both directions on this issue. If the kid is legit, he'll pay this forward someday when he's able, and the gift will keep on giving. If he's not legit, well... it's called a "Law" for a reason.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I put in 20 bucks. I have been scammed myself and know how it feels. All I can hope is that the kid is legit and he can one day do what we have done for him. If not, Karma will probably catch up to him.

I'm willing to believe it's just a coincidence. But even if those two usernames do belong to the same person, I don't see how that constitutes evidence of a scam. If there were mutually positive feedback between those two accounts, I could see it. Joining a forum then waiting a year to fish for sympathy donations seems like an unlikely scam technique anyway.

I'm sure the link to Bradyhull22's Rokslide profile in the other thread was accidental. If you type out a Rokslide username with @ in front of it, the forum automatically "mentions" that user and adds a profile link. It just so happens that OregonHunter13's PayPal username matches someone else's Rokslide username...pure coincidence IMO.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I'm willing to believe it's just a coincidence. But even if those two usernames do belong to the same person, I don't see how that constitutes evidence of a scam. If there were mutually positive feedback between those two accounts, I could see it. Joining a forum then waiting year to fish for sympathy donations seems like an unlikely scam technique anyway.

I'm sure the link to Bradyhull22's Rokslide profile in the other thread was accidental. If you type out a Rokslide username with @ in front of it, the forum automatically "mentions" that user and adds a profile link. It just so happens that OregonHunter13's PayPal username matches someone else's Rokslide username...pure coincidence IMO.
Seems pretty apparent he opened 2 accounts and then ran with one and let the other one “die”. We had a WKR do backgrounds and FaceTime him at work. I think we can all agree he’s not a scammer and part of an elaborate scam, beyond that we’re relying mostly on our belief that most people are good and doing a small thing for someone in a tough situation can make a difference. Most of us have been blessed to be in the situation we’re in, it’s never a bad thing to look for a way to give back, whether it’s giving a kid 10 bucks to help or pulling over to help a family on the side of the road with a flat tire. FYI, a wife will not be impressed if some guy has to change the tire in her suv because her husband can’t. 😂

I'm willing to believe it's just a coincidence. But even if those two usernames do belong to the same person, I don't see how that constitutes evidence of a scam. If there were mutually positive feedback between those two accounts, I could see it. Joining a forum then waiting year to fish for sympathy donations seems like an unlikely scam technique anyway.

Well we have seen instances where scammers are willing to play the long game so that wouldn't necessarily be surprising. But the combination of the PayPal username and the join dates which was only 3 days apart is enough of a coincidence to raise an eyebrow. If they are indeed the same person, the mother in law comment becomes strange unless he got married at age 16. Can mods check the IP addresses of those two usernames so I can know if I need to lose faith in humanity again? 😅

Seems pretty apparent he opened 2 accounts and then ran with one and let the other one “die”.
Perhaps. Bradyhull22 shows "last seen" on 07/18/22, so it seems that account isn't completely dead.

I think we can all agree he’s not a scammer and part of an elaborate scam, beyond that we’re relying mostly on our belief that most people are good and doing a small thing for someone in a tough situation can make a difference.
I agree, but apparently not all of us do (hence the existence of this thread). I was just trying to counter the skepticism and explain why I do think OregonHunter13 is legit...or maybe he promised me half the loot to stick up for him and I'm in on the scam too.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
OP
O

Ope

FNG
Seems pretty apparent he opened 2 accounts and then ran with one and let the other one “die”. We had a WKR do backgrounds and FaceTime him at work. I think we can all agree he’s not a scammer and part of an elaborate scam, beyond that we’re relying mostly on our belief that most people are good and doing a small thing for someone in a tough situation can make a difference. Most of us have been blessed to be in the situation we’re in, it’s never a bad thing to look for a way to give back, whether it’s giving a kid 10 bucks to help or pulling over to help a family on the side of the road with a flat tire. FYI, a wife will not be impressed if some guy has to change the tire in her suv because her husband can’t. 😂
Late on replying and not that it matters now since the IP's were checked but for transparency's sake, I did think maybe initially he made two and ran with one or got locked out of one but as others have stated the account wasn't dead, and that would make him 16 with a mother in law.

I do agree with giving back that's why I went to donate and it went to a Rokslide account with the exact same username instead of a PayPal that's when I became suspicious and wanted to share my concerns considering there's alot of people donating and it didn't appear so cut and dried.

Joining a forum then waiting a year to fish for sympathy donations seems like an unlikely scam technique anyway.
To me it seemed more like an opportunistic scam than a long elaborate one. Like he saw all the I got scammed by such and such posts and thought he would hop in and give a sob story, if it worked he got paid, if not nothing lost.

Thank you @Jskaanland for checking IP's.

Chuckybmd

WKR
This is been worth the $20 donation money, all the twists and turns on all of the different threads have kept me thoroughly entertained!

Hoodie

WKR
For what it's worth I've sold OregonHunter13 a pair of binoculars on here. Had no issues. Also pretty sure I've seen him on iFish, which is an Oregon specific hunting/fishing forum.

I'm like 99.5% sure he's a teenager in Southern Oregon.

Now I feel bad for the other Brady Hull. Poor bastard getting tagged on threads where we are giving a different Brady hull thousands of dollars and trying to find him pro deals on Swaros.

Second collection for Brady hull the Montana bear hunter?

Now I feel bad for the other Brady Hull. Poor bastard getting tagged on threads where we are giving a different Brady hull thousands of dollars and trying to find him pro deals on Swaros.

Second collection for Brady hull the Montana bear hunter?
I'll pledge $1000 per substantive post he has contributed to the forum.

OregonHunter13

Hey everyone sorry for all the confusion I am indeed both OregonHunter13 and OregonHunter33 I first made my OregonHunter33 account and used that for awhile asking questions about deer and elk hunting in southern Oregon. Then I lost my account information so I couldn’t login. Then I made my OregonHunter13 account which I have been using with the account information saved so I won’t forget it. I have no idea who the BradyHull22 guy is and I am definitely not married. Sorry for all the confusion,
Brady