Cold Damp Butt

OP
E

eai2l

FNG
I use puffy pants (FL) and a $6 sit pad from Walmart. Works great
Thanks for the reply! Are you using one of the insulated bibs? All of the FL pants I see look like they’re more of a shell except for the merino pants

Jimss

WKR
I always wear my Sitka rain pants when it's wet. They also do a fantastic job of cutting wind. I always wear multiple layers that I can adjust depending upon how active I am. It's just as important not to sweat much before you sit for long periods. If you sit for long periods it may be worth carrying a thin pad to sit on?

Thanks for the reply! Are you using one of the insulated bibs? All of the FL pants I see look like they’re more of a shell except for the merino pants
I use the uncompahgre, only for cold set ups where I’m glassing on the side of the mountain or sitting in a tree stand these are for sure not pants for a lot of moving around. Not only will you overheat but you’ll shred the pants in any kind of cover

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Thermarest z seat. If really windy or cold, I’ll either wear Sitka timberlines pants or throw on my rain gear pants.

+1 on the Thermarest Z seat. Small, light, comfortable, kept my pants dry and warm.

I used it on snow, rocks, wet grass for a week in Sept and a week in Nov this year. Temps from the teens to 65°. It added a significant amount of warmth and comfort. It will be in my pack for every hunt now.

On warmer days, it will probably be easier/quicker to use than putting on an additional layer. Also, its easy to store it on the outside of a pack.