Cold feet in the Whitetail Stand

ChrisAU

WKR
I think so many people would be surprised by less is more when it comes to this.

So, you think you are doing good because your feet aren’t perceptibly wet when you get settled in the stand, but I bet a high percentage of people who complain about this have a damp foot when they become stationary. Ok, you changed socks. Are the linings of your boots damp from sweat on the walk in? Likely so. I used to be someone that cold feet would cause to get down and end a hunt early. For 4 years now, a couple hundred days in the stand, I’ve worn the thinnest merino calf socks I can find with uninsulated boots down to 20* and been absolutely fine. The ability to move my feet inside my boots a bit warms them up when they do get cold.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Try the Hoffman's Mountaineer boot - this features a much better insulation than thinsulate. Our 9mm felt liner retains heat better, especially when stationary. Mountaineer pg 30.JPG

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
By far the best cold-weather hunting boot period Hoffman's Mountaineer boot. Wool felt liners plus double insulated bottoms that's the ticket. Polypropylene liner socks really help transfer moisture from feet. Also Darn Tough wool socks. Best combo I found so far.