Cold weather boot advice

Sometimes I'm surprised that we seem to think we can get our feet warm and comfy....in very cold weather....by wearing only moderately thick boots. Think about your sleeping bag or puffy jacket when the temps drop near zero. Feet deserve at least as much insulation and yes....it equates to a larger boot with more insulation and room for thick socks while not compressing feet.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I wear my insulated Kennetrek's to and from the stand. Once in the stand or at my stationary hunting location, I put on the Artic Shield boot covers. If it gets real cold I'll throw in a hand warmer in each too....good to go for an all day sit. I no longer wear the heavy pack boots in and out. This technique helps my feet regulate temperarture and they don't sweat on the way in or out like they did with the heavier pack boots. Makes walking much easier, especially if you kill something and are packing or dragging an animal out.

Has anyone used Wiggy's Mukluks before and can tell me how they perform? Im interested in packing in a pair in my pack for use in the treestand when temperature are below freezing for all day sits.

excaliber

WKR
I've not heard of the 1600g Lacrosse Alpha Burly boots I'll have to take a look at them. I have a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Ice Kings and they are my go to boot for goose hunting. I've never had any issues with cold feet since I got them.
They are much better than the Sorel's they replaced.

I guess it depends on how far you have to walk to your blind. Take an extra pair of socks and change those wet sweaty ones out. That makes a big difference in warmth.