Cold Weather Gloves - Tree Stand

New to Northern Wisconsin whitetail after moving from PNW. I'm curious if anyone has a good, inexpensive glove option for long, cold sits?
It's hard for me to justify $100+ name brand gloves, but my fingers are really the only thing that gets cold enough to regret many life decisions!
Thanks

H80Hunter

WKR
I’ve got some insulated carhart mitts that are super warm, but I’d instead get the Incinerator hand muff and a couple rechargeable hand warmers and go that route. Pnuma has a heated muff as well now but I’ve never used it.

nastynick

FNG
when I lived in Wisconsin I would wear rag wool or fleece glomitts. They worked well and I could put a hand warmer in the mitten portion.you can get the rag wool mitten for 15 bucks at fleet farm.

Best thing I did was just wear merino gloves and a hand muff. I think they are the KUIU 220 gloves and I picked up the below hand muff from cabelas. 40 bucks and keeps my hands ridiculously warm with just a think pair of gloves. Has a pocket in the front for hot hands that can turn it into an oven. Also keeps the cell phone warm otherwise my battery dies very quickly in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacattack

WKR
New to Northern Wisconsin whitetail after moving from PNW. I'm curious if anyone has a good, inexpensive glove option for long, cold sits?
It's hard for me to justify $100+ name brand gloves, but my fingers are really the only thing that gets cold enough to regret many life decisions!
Thanks
You want a liner glove plus a mitten to go over it, some call it a chopper I think. It’ll keep your fingers warmer. Enlightened Equipment makes a down mitten that is warm, called the stronghold, they are pretty much made for sitting still and not doing a lot of movement, they aren’t very tough you aren’t going to be busting through the bushes with them or anything.
A good hand muff is another option. Cabelas has one and so does Sitka.
I have pretty shitty circulation in my hands so they stay cold. I have tried a lot of ways to keep them warm. I usually also buy the hand warmers in bulk and shove them in all my gloves.

yojo.3

FNG
Ive been using manzella grizzly with a thin liner. Its a 150 gram thinsulate. keeps me good. Little on the larger side with the cuff. But thats nice to cinch down when there's snow.

Clarence

WKR
when I lived in Wisconsin I would wear rag wool or fleece glomitts. They worked well and I could put a hand warmer in the mitten portion.you can get the rag wool mitten for 15 bucks at fleet farm.
x2

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Vids

WKR
I use military surplus mittens with wool liners, they work well and were 25ish dollars.
That was the answer for me as well. Get them a little big so you can keep a thin glove on underneath them. I have a pair of Serius gloves that are great, warm and you can still shoot with them on. They work down to about 40 degrees, and I put my "choppers" on over them when it's colder. Can get both gloves for about $65 total.

I'm not sure what sort of temps you are talking about, but I use a set of Raber hy arctic mitts in late season.

The are available in most sizes surplus for a song, and are very warm. Get big enough that you can wear contact gloves under them.

I can operate rifle and bow with them.

Buckman

WKR
You didn't say if this is for Bow or gun hunting, but i use a muff and thin gloves for both. If you go the muff route try to find a waterproof one ( its hard to do) not just windproof. The brand i have is GameHide.

gchs4464

FNG
I use a grid fleece lined side shell glove, and army surplus fingerless wool gloves. That combo can pretty well get me thru most every thing. If im still cold I’ll run a hot hand on the top part of my hand. But I rarely need too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterk123

WKR
Hand muffs. Best thing since sliced bread. I wear a thin glove in the tree because I am usually bowhunting. Hand muff around my waist and my hands are toasty, regardless of the temps. And they can be quite inexpensive.

stump06

WKR
I like to wear a thin glove then use a muff and warmers if I need anything extra to keep my hands warm

Brendan

WKR
Same here - Muff with hand warmers and light merino gloves. One of the big reasons I love my Sitka Fanatic for the tree stand.

LostArra

WKR
Light gloves and a muff for me. I use the Hunter Safety Systems muff and it's extremely comfortable and warm. Probably similar to Cabelas. I've tried the mittens and glomitts and while warm I don't like shooting my bow with them.

Having a muff or kangaroo pouch built into your outer layer like Brendan's Fanatic is sure handy. I have an old Patagonia Synchilla 1/4 zip top with a kangaroo pouch that works nice under my ASAT leafy jacket.

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
Also in WI - as mentioned above you need an outer liner; muff or larger outer glove or mitt, with a handwarmer if it's really cold. I keep my release on a thinner glove inside

+1 for light merino wool gloves and a hand muff. When I used to have a permanent ladder stand I kept an army style wool blanket bungi corded to the bottom of the seat. I could cover my feet, legs and hands with that, it was very effective

Cheap over-sized shell mittens and then a second pair of wool or polar fleece mittens
with chemical hand warmer packs.

Each should be over-sized so they are very loose fitting.

60below.jpg
Total cost < $50