Cold Weather Leukotape Alternatives

I'm a huge fan of leukotape for blister prevention but found its limits during first rifle in colorado this year when temps dropped well below freezing and stayed that way for a while. My leukotape basically became glued to itself and when i was able to warm it up in an internal pocket enough to unroll it, what i was able to get off had very little stickiness. Had the same issue with my stash of duct tape.

Has anyone found a good alternative to leukotape and duct tape for blister prevention that doesn't become useless in temps below freezing?

mtbshark

WKR
Tape before you leave the truck and keep it in sleeping bag. That’s the best I have found. No other tape I have come across works as well as leuko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudd Foot

WKR
Tape before you leave the truck and keep it in sleeping bag. That’s the best I have found. No other tape I have come across works as well as leuko

2nd these statements. In areas I know will get beat up on my feet, I’ll put on 5-7 layers in advance to avoid the Leuko from rolling with wear. That way there’s less need to reapply.

gfreidy

WKR
This year I tried KT tape that is designed for heel blister prevention. It comes with a backing that is removed. I think this might work for you.

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
I've also run into the issue with leukotape seizing up. Also, I made the mistake of putting leukotape on a hotspot (which a blister had already begun to form) and then tried to remove it and tore off all the skin. It sucked, bad. I too have moved to this KT blister prevention tape. As effective as the leukotape without being such a PITA to remove. Also is in smaller precut portions, so you don't run into the issue you had with cold weather.