Cold weather stand gloves

Yukondog

WKR
What do you guys use for cold weather gloves while stand hunting? Hands froze yet I can't stand to wear gloves. Is there a combination or glove out there that has worked well for you and your release? I have not found one yet.

Thanks,

Matt

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I use a muff with light gloves for cold-weather hunting. Have you considered that option?

Regards,
Scott

Shrek

WKR
I use a hand tube or muff . Whatever you call them. Make sure the cuffs a loose or they will be hard to get hands in and out of smoothly and with minimal motion. I pit hothands hand warmers in them. Wool mit/gloves without fingers for really cold days. I'll slide a hothand in the mit part and put mits and all in the tube. Get a fleece tube for silence.

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
I have thought about the hand muffs. I think something with windstop and chemical hand warmers might work. I have used one called the Firepod the last two seasons that are rechargeable. The charge lasts maybe 2hrs and they never really get warm. The problem is they lack in retaining the heat and the wind cuts right though it.

What have you guys used in the past that seems to work well for you?

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I have two muffs I use. For really cold weather, I use one I got from a sporting goods store many years ago. I don't remember where I bought it or what brand it is, but it is similar to ones I see everywhere. The other one is used for temps down to about 0 degrees. It's the Kifaru modular handwarmer, and I use it hanging from a Kifaru Koala.

Regards,
Scott

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use Under Armour liner gloves with a plain fleece muff. Hot hands in the muff work pretty well. I have noticed that my hands sweat without gloves when using the hand warmers, so I actually have better luck with the glove/muff combo.

I noticed Cabela's is selling a down muff now. I can't imagine anything much better for really cold weather.

Lost Arra

FNG
You might look for some Manzella Bow Hunter Convertible mitts.
They have a special opening for a release and a pouch for a chemical handwarmer.
I shoot a traditional bow (no release) and I use these with a tab and thin fleece Manzella gloves underneath.
I like the way the mitten does not bunch up on my bow hand and possibly interfere with the fletching on release.

Last edited:
Ive tried about 6 or 7 different types of gloves and the best thing ive done to keep my hands warm are to actually use hand warmers in the pockets of my jacket. I hate wearing gloves and as long as you shake them real good when you get into the tree they will keep warm for a good while. JMO though

B

bearguide

i like the muff idea, i will try one, but i have been using OR mountianeering mittens with light weight polypro inside. i take off the mitts to shoot

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
I boughts some Manzella gloves that allow for a release to come through today. I will buy chemical warmers and either try my jacket packets or most likely buy a hand muff of some kind. I'm done with freezing hands. My hands still tingle and I've been back for 5 days.

Thanks for the ideas.

Matt

If I am sitting on stand in cold weather you can bet your butt I am using my Icebreaker Hand Muff! Thin pair of gloves and the muff, can't beat it!

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I use the KUIU Guide Gloves coupled with the Sitka Incinerator Muff and hothands chemical warmers. That has taken care of most situations for me.