Collegiate runner spends night in tree to avoid bear

You mean all I needed to do in college to get the girls to disrobe and throw their bras at me was to chase them up a tree? Dang bear is much smarter than I was. Seriously, though, that is one smart fighter of a girl. Kept her wits and did what it took to survive. Impressive young lady.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

WKR
You mean all I needed to do in college to get the girls to disrobe and throw their bras at me was to chase them up a tree? Dang bear is much smarter than I was. Seriously, though, that is one smart fighter of a girl. Kept her wits and did what it took to survive. Impressive young lady.
No doubt. Freezing in a tree all night would be miserable. Impressive indeed

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
According to her statement the sow chased/followed her for roughly five miles through the brush and then circled the tree and then at some point left.....sounds like she was really scared and may have been imagining the bear was still chasing her. I’ve got to say im impressed by her will to survive.

Deadfall

WKR
Buddy of mine spent 8 hours in a tree. Bear would wonder off. He would think it gone. Start down the tree then bear put him back up. Said every time he came down would clear a few more branches...We laughed for a couple years at that story.
Bear deal starting to get pretty serious. Here in montana there's places where 2 or 3 will roam around together.

At night picking up carcasses we catch eyeballs sitting and waiting for us to leave. Atleast they are still waiting their turn. I suppise the day will come they stop waiting.

We dang sure don't leave one over night.

Yeah, if the bear wanted her it would have chased her down in a matter of yards, not followed her for miles.

Terrapin

WKR
Translation: girlfriend stays out all night and comes in at dawn disheveled, missing her bra and socks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
Five miles away from her cubs? Really.

And... sure seems like she'd have totally caught this chic if indeed this chic decided to duck into the thick woods no? My bear experience is limited but wouldn't they totally be able to bull thru the thicker stuff WAY in the hell eaiser than us with all that nice protective hide and fur?