Colo Backdoor Sheep!

Jimss

WKR
For you sheep fanatics you can find out whether you drew Colo sheep by the backdoor method on the CPW website. If you have problems figuring it out take a look at the Bowsite sheep forum explanation on how to find out. Good luck to all!

ahlgringo

WKR
F?$K !!!! pretty sure you just ruined the night for me, all 400 codes----- AGAIN. Good luck to all you guys

I struck out again on sheep. I wonder when I'll find out that I got my goat tag? Here's to wishful thinking. Good luck everyone!

ahlgringo

WKR
If you are not familiar with the process, follow the link above to bowsite.com go under forums and then colo sheep backdoor as subject. Goes through it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go onto cpw website like you're buying a license. When you get to second page select the box on the bottom right area that says habitat stamp. It will show your apps and they have a 400 number. If you draw you'll get a 500 number.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
I didn't mention it in my post above but if the backdoor is correct my son drew a Colo bighorn tag! It ought to be another great father-son experience! I've been doing some digging around several hunting websites and haven't noticed anyone mention anything about mtn goats....so as bowunter mentioned above there still is hope! Good luck to all!

Congratulations to TEmbry on beating the odds. That is long shot as a NR. Hopefully a photo with a crusher to follow.

Still nothing on the goat but I put in for a tough tag, so not expecting much.

chindits

WKR
Well I guess I got a couple hundred dollars coming back to me. I think I'm on the 15 year plan. Yea that will be a good year for me to draw, just a couple more years to go.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity, how accurate do you believe the 500 code vs the 400 code "backdoor" actually is? Is this verified info? Not trying to be a joy kill for those who have the 500 code, more interested in how this could be possible through modern technology

Its solid! It works on all species. Worked for me on sheep last year as well. If they've done the draw, and uploaded their server, it's a done deal. As Fergie used to say..........."My body stay vicious I be up in the gym just working on my fitness"

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how accurate do you believe the 500 code vs the 400 code "backdoor" actually is? Is this verified info? Not trying to be a joy kill for those who have the 500 code, more interested in how this could be possible through modern technology

Their website isn't "modern technology"; it was written years ago and hasn't been updated since and it also looks like it's just a GUI on top of an old mainframe application. 500 vs 400 seems very accurate once a species has been drawn. You can also look at the name; 400 says "app" at the end and the 500 does not meaning that you actually have a license. Now, I'm not sure how it treats it if you didn't buy enough habitat stamps as they won't send you the license until you have a habitat stamp.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Fair enough all, thanks for the explanation. I checked mine and no go for me, hopefully year 12 treats me better! Congrats to all who got their tag this year