Colo unit 32 rifle

Okiecat

FNG
Well I'm the lucky dude this year. I can't believe it yet. Going to order my nat forest map tomorrow. Get started looking at area. Never been there. Any advice or tips.

Congrats on the tag. That herd is one of the biggest in the state but you still have your work cut out.

Once you get your map, plot all the kill sites to the last five years. This data can be found on the CPW website along with horn measurement. It will give you an idea of where to start looking. After that be ready to spend some serious time behind glass and burning out boot tread. As with anything scouting will be key.

Good luck!

arffdog875

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy drew last year, he was notified by the Parks and wildlife about a chance to meet the wildlife officer and biologist in Denver. You are able to get alot of info from the officers, they will go over maps, info on herd locations, past kill locations. He said it was well worth the trip to Denver. Congrats on the tag!

WKR
I killed a good ram in there in 2000 with archery tackle. Once you get your map, shoot me a pm and we can walk you through areas I would hunt. Population in there is down a little but still some good rams running around. Son drew S9 and we are going to be scouting hard down there this summer.

OP
O

Okiecat

FNG
I killed a good ram in there in 2000 with archery tackle. Once you get your map, shoot me a pm and we can walk you through areas I would hunt. Population in there is down a little but still some good rams running around. Son drew S9 and we are going to be scouting hard down there this summer.

Just got my plane tickets for the orientation. Got a nat forest map and one topo, they sent the wrong one on another. Going to wait till i get to Denver to get the rest. Cant scout during the summer so plan to show up 3 or 4 days early for hunt. 3 of my possible hunting buddies cant go do to drawing elk tags. Working on a new list. Would rather hunt on my own. Thanks to all for info.

WKR
The orientation is good. Be sure to check out Brown Gulch and all the gulches at treeline to the west for the next 5 or so miles. Can pretty easily glass a lot of them from frontage road on I-70. If you are camping, let me know and I can give you some ideas for that there.