Colorado 19/191 Mule Deer

ibax

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All,

I drew my first tag in CO since moving from WA state a few years back.

The tag is unit 19/191 2nd rifle antlered.

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the closures due to Cameron Peak fire.

If anyone could give me some advice about how the changes in weather effects the movement of deer through these units I would appreciate it.

I have been scouting and haven't seen many deer yet.

Thanks,

Ian

The weather will make them move...down. You're probably not seeing many because of the warm weather and time of year. Cold and shorter days will have them moving by 2nd season.
Winter range is hugely varied on those units. I see deer wintered anywhere it's reasonable from town all the way throughout the range while lion hunting in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

poboy2214

FNG
Hey Ibax how did your hunt go? I know a few spots where does like to hang out in poudre canyon so I was thinking of giving this unit a try next year. Was curious how it went for you.

OP
I

ibax

Lil-Rokslider
The weather will make them move...down. You're probably not seeing many because of the warm weather and time of year. Cold and shorter days will have them moving by 2nd season.
Winter range is hugely varied on those units. I see deer wintered anywhere it's reasonable from town all the way throughout the range while lion hunting in the winter.

Hey Ibax how did your hunt go? I know a few spots where does like to hang out in poudre canyon so I was thinking of giving this unit a try next year. Was curious how it went for you.
Pathfinder, thanks for the pointers, I meant to reply earlier. We had a couple of days of snow at the start of the 10 day hunt and I don’t think this was enough to get the deer moving down. The rest of the weather was mild 50-70’s during the day. I saw quite a few does and put a stalk on a smaller buck. I ended up eating my tag but I had a lot of fun up there. Lots of places to get up high and glass which is how I like to get after em.
Feel free to pm me for more details. Good luck out there.

Hnthrdr

WKR

How is lion hunting going in there? I ran into a group a couple weeks back off Cr63 that was just starting a hunt. I hope you get some of those big kitties out if there!