Colorado 191 elk expectations

sasquatch

WKR
I’m looking at booking a DIY hunt on a ranch in unit 191 but I can’t find hardly any info on that area for archery. The ranch buys up to some forest.

Can anyone from this area speak for elk being in that area for archery, the atlas just shows a resident population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The biggest wildcard will be how the fires last year changed up the dynamics of the elk herds in that area. But that tag is good for unit 7, 8, 9, 19, and 191 so plenty of public land area to have some backup plans as well. Beyond that......yes, there are elk up there.

cnelk

WKR

Jaquomo

WKR
PM me and I can hopefully help with info on the ranch and the elk. I know most of the ranches and the unit well. A couple ranches have huge resident herds. The success rate can be good on private land but terrible on public. The CPW success rates (archery) are grossly misleading. The tag is good for 7, 8, 19 also, but most of 19 will be closed to all access this year, along with most of the elk habitat in 8. USFS told me they won't open the National Forest this season.