Colorado 2022

roymunson

WKR
I get that he's not what you you thought he could be, but I'm not hanging my head on that deer. Those G2s are silly

That buck is one where score doesn’t matter. And even if it does matter to you, I’ll take a wall full of mature 160” bucks and die a happy man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blastro87

FNG
Looks like a pretty nice buck. Maybe not worth 10 points, but nothing to be ashamed of either. What did he end up scoring?
Not worth 10 points? Personally id rather suck start a shotgun than burn 10 points only to eat tag soup cuz I passed on bullet worthy bucks but thats just me...To each their own, but id piss myself while $h*tt*ng my pants as I fingered my belly button crying like a baby if I shot that thing! Especially after burning points😆...Then again, I dont have mule deer where Im from, so I guess it would likely be different if lived in muley country. Regardless, as you stated, its a nice buck. Congrats to the OP!

ffben

FNG
Had a similar experience this year. Saw tones of deer, tough picking that next level buck. I’d say you did just fine. Congrats man, Great buck!

davsco

WKR
nice buck! how'd he taste??

how many days hunting til you got him? how far from the truck? How many miles/day did you cover? how far was the shot?

OP
C

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
nice buck! how'd he taste??

how many days hunting til you got him? how far from the truck? How many miles/day did you cover? how far was the shot?
I hunted three days before I found him. He was about a mile from the truck up a canyon. I didnt really hike a ton, more or less find glassing points and spend time doing that. He was 420 yards. It was a good time.