Colorado 3rd season deer tag in 68/681/682

After building points for 8 years a friend and I drew 3rd season deer tags in Colorado units 68/681/682. The dates are Nov 7-13. I live in Idaho and my friend lives in Washington. The distance is going to prevent us from making a scouting trip so we are limited to "google earth" scouting until we get there. I am wandering if anyone can give us advice on types of areas to look for that time of year in that area. Are the deer typically still at higher elevations at that time in that part of CO unless a lot of weather comes in? Should we be looking for high inaccessible areas to pack into or lower juniper type habitat that time of year? Looks like there are a lot of roads so assuming getting away from roads will be key like everywhere else. Looking at the CO Parks and Wildlife information and maps it doesn't look like there are long migration routes in that area. Mostly short distance moves from higher to lower elevation so my thought we be the move to lower elevations would mostly be weather dependent vs. timing, but not sure if that is right.

We plan to find our own spots. Just trying to get some feedback to make sure we are looking for the right areas.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

It might depend on what you consider "high elevation." I hunted third rifle last year at 9000 ft and there was about a foot and a half of snow on the ground and my trucks temp gauge read -16*F one morning. I was farther north than where you'll be but those are the conditions you could see up high. Might want to have a backup plan just in case.

OP
uppercut11
It might depend on what you consider "high elevation." I hunted third rifle last year at 9000 ft and there was about a foot and a half of snow on the ground and my trucks temp gauge read -16*F one morning. I was farther north than where you'll be but those are the conditions you could see up high. Might want to have a backup plan just in case.
The tallest peak in the unit is 14k. I was considering high elevation 11K+. I was thinking 9K would be pretty low elevation with the valley floor over 7K. Where I live the highest peaks can go 10K-11K, but the valley floor is more like 5K so I am wondering if it is similar and everything just shifts up a couple thousand feet. I am also much further north so I am sure latitude changes things as well. Just not sure exactly how it changes. From what you saw it sounds like 11K plus may be totally inaccessible and deer free by that time? Were you finding the bucks lower down (below 9K)? I assume they were hanging with the does pretty good at that time right?

I was hunting elk, and there were still elk there in those conditions. I would imagine that it depends on the weather in a particular year. Probably best to have a few contingency plans for different elevations. I know that's not exactly earth shattering advice.