Colorado 4th season Cow

I have a cow tag for 4th season unit 18. The East Troublesome fire burned damn near the whole unit. Worth going out for? I'm worried about food for them since no time for anything to grow back. I know I'm not going I get something sitting on the couch, but seems like a daunting task.

WTFJohn

WKR
You need to reach out to the appropriate field office of the USFS and/or CPW. There is currently a lands closure that includes the majority of the Front Range. As of right now, you will not be hunting that tag. Even if they lift the full closure, there will still be area closures in effect and you will not have complete access to the area that burned.

This link shows the fire outline, and the closed units. 18 is currently closed (and even if it wasn't, it's been gutted by the fire), the date on re-evaluating/lifting closures is currently set for Nov 15.

closure.jpg

OP
Dirty Mike
I'll look into it. They offered me a refund for my deer tag in 18, but it had 3 other units on it so I went anyways. The cow tag wasn't on the list so I was figuring it would good to go by than. Who knows with this fire season though.