Colorado 4th Season - unit 11/211

Looking for any advice on late season elk hunting in gmu 11/211. Hunted 1st rifle with no luck in a different area, but still haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. I understand it could be determined by weather, pressure, etc, but looking for advice on areas that could have potential. Have called around and it's all the same answers. In great shape and willing to work to fill the freezer for the 1st time! Thanks in advance!

Hunterbug

FNG
Pray for snow. Absent that, find some public land that borders private and hope they move off. We have caught a few doing that before.

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
What is the snow situation at the higher elevations? has it started to move the elk down yet? my tag is for 4th season and hoping they start to move soon

intunegp

WKR
I was in that area for 2nd rifle, talked to CPW and the officer who covers those units said there were no reports as of 11/7 that the big migratory heard was crossing the highway in Craig. You'll be hunting mostly local elk which have been pretty heavily pressured by the earlier seasons.

nrhardin

FNG
Was just up there and you have been given solid advice above. Unless something drastically changes I don’t think we’ll see the mass migration by 4th. Looking pretty dry and warm through the end of the month. Even on private land in the area the elk were up high and essentially nocturnal with the moon and warm temps.

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
Leaving on Sunday with the big drive out in front of me, so how was third season? and it looks like there has been some rain lately, hope it helps for the 4th season

Hunterbug

FNG
I talked to a buddy that hunted up there 3rd season. He didn't get an elk but did get a buck. He said that most of the elk he saw taken were bulls. Hopefully they'll get some snow up there soon and get them moving.