Colorado 5x5 Muley Video, BBD

mt100gr.

WKR
I scrolled thru quickly without listening to it ...

Nice shot, nice buck. Guy wanted to go get it for her - so he did. The whole illegal thing about the tag - get a life. There was a license and a tag, which is good enough IMO. If a judge would fine them or push "prosecution", one sorry judge.

I did stuff like that for my first wife - regret all that extra effort now but water under the bridge.

There are a lot worse videos out there.
I only asked about the tag because I don't hunt CO and was curious if they are transferable - especially since it was shared with the world.

And I suppose your response begs the question: How far can we bend these rules? Where is the limit as long as there's a tag and license?

It's often said that hunters need to police themselves and keep each other on the up and up. The less than tasteful comments about the guy's wife should have never been posted but when someone posts a video and says "enjoy", it should be expected that not everyone will. I guess some people are just tired of sugar coating it.

Would I have done the same thing for my wife? Absolutely.
Would I have chewed her ass for it and used it as a teaching moment? Absolutely.
In the video her husband seems to be cool and take it in stride and never appears to "chew her ass" for anything, which seems better than your plan. People either want to participate or they don't. Not a teachable skill.

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has very little interest in hunting, I put in for a couple good tags for her, and she humors me and says she'd like to try it because she loves me, and I love hunting.

I have very little interest in shopping, but I humor her and go from time to time because I love her. I'm probably not as attentive as I should be or as interested in whatever she is trying on as she would like, but she appreciates that I make an effort, however feeble it may be.

Bottom line, sometimes doing things you dont love to do is what makes a marriage work. Sometimes realizing that your spouse is willing to humor you, but may not be as interested as you in what you are doing, is good enough.

I probably wouldn't have posted a video like this, but I admire someone who is willing to post something real. To the OP, I hope you both had a memorable, enjoyable time together. I also hope you do something your wife enjoys as much as you enjoy hunting.

OP
T
Thanks for all the feed back everyone.

No body wishes she were there more than me to go down the hill and recover.

Her first goal was just to find "any buck" and I'm glad I convinced her to let they younger 4x1 walk.

I look at this way, I felt lucky enough to get her out and show her an experience that I wanted to occur, and end in a positive way, and I went along with what I thought would best allow that to occur. Could it lay a foundation for doing that as a couple again one day? I can only hope so. Those adventures is what I want to do more than anything. That being said, am I going to build points for her again?? I'm thinking maybe I should dedicate those funds other places. Regardless, had a blast and enjoyed the memory

OP
T
Interesting. Thanks for the update on that. I'm not here to police anyone and it's not the first video I've seen posted entirely for "likes" and BBD street cred that contained some of the fine-print regs being violated.
i did consider this while getting the tag out, however, i used logic and though at least a notched tag was better than a tag in a mailing envelope if we happened across and officer, and I left the signing to be done when we reunited. seemed like the best approach given the conditions

Not my favorite thing to see, but hey extra Muley hunt that the wife approves of is a win in my book.

Rich M

WKR
I only asked about the tag because I don't hunt CO and was curious if they are transferable - especially since it was shared with the world.

And I suppose your response begs the question: How far can we bend these rules? Where is the limit as long as there's a tag and license?

It's often said that hunters need to police themselves and keep each other on the up and up. The less than tasteful comments about the guy's wife should have never been posted but when someone posts a video and says "enjoy", it should be expected that not everyone will. I guess some people are just tired of sugar coating it.

Chick shot deer, deer was tagged w her tag. What was illegal and in need of policing?

Mountain out of mole hill IMO.

This policing others stuff is a way for folks to justify their needs to be a pain in someone's ass. By all means call LEO if there is a real crime, have mercy on the guy going 5 mph over the speed limit.