Colorado 5x5 Muley Video, BBD

sndmn11

WKR
Are you allowed to validate another hunter's tag in CO?

Signature, no, cutting the notches can be anyone as long as it is done upon kill and the carcass tag is detached from the license. Our carcass tag goes back in the bino harness until we reach the truck, and then attach to the evidence of sex quarter.

mt100gr.

WKR
Signature, no, cutting the notches can be anyone as long as it is done upon kill and the carcass tag is detached from the license. Our carcass tag goes back in the bino harness until we reach the truck, and then attach to the evidence of sex quarter.
Roger that. Thanks for the info. That particular scene jumped out at me - mostly, I guess, because I can't imagine someone not wanting to cut their own and recover their kill. Different strokes.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Nice buck, but do some people actually count eye-guards as points?
Only if you’re from used to killing white tails I guess.

Here’s my take. I have a love for everything in that video. Hunting in November. The high country. Mule deer. Being outside and carrying a gun. I know not everyone has that same passion, especially when my passion borders on an unhealthy obsession. It’s obvious your lady friend doesn’t have that obsession, and that’s 100% perfectly ok. The hard part as a viewer was watching her take it all for granted, or worse, actually wasting an unbelievable resource and having no appreciation for it.

We all have different passions and I’m personally glad more people don’t have the passion for back country hunting. If everyone had it, then I would never get a tag.

Well, I know this will seem very judgmental, and I apologize for that, but you put it out on the Internet on purpose for everyone to see.

Pros

It looks like you bent over backwards for your wife and that's admirable. You sir, are a patient man and this was your hunt aside from actually pulling the trigger. Also looks like you did a nice job breaking down her animal from the time lapse portion.

Cons

Personally, I wouldn't hunt with anyone who sits in the truck on Facebook ...ever. Or with anyone who doesn't participate in the field dressing or packing out of their own animal unless they are handicapped, elderly, or maybe a first time hunter who is 12 and having a hard time coping with a first kill or something.

There are billions of long range ethics threads so let's not hash that out again. All I will say is that her shot, while fatal, is clearly a high spine shot in front of the shoulder. Unless she called it and was aiming for that spot, it was a bad shot that missed the vitals but luckily struck another place that killed the Deer. Obviously people make bad shots from closer, but the further out you are, the less sympathy you'll get from me. In this case, it was a lucky shot on your wife's part.

jmav58

WKR
Looks like YOU worked kinda hard for that buck? I don’t know but great job finding a nice one. Your wife? That bothers the heck out of me, seeing her being totally ungrateful and having you do all the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Roger that. Thanks for the info. That particular scene jumped out at me - mostly, I guess, because I can't imagine someone not wanting to cut their own and recover their kill. Different strokes.
I watched that part again, what they did was illegal since the carcass tag was not signed or detached on kill. Also, the license is supposed to be within the hunter's possession and it was not because it was in his hands and she was a half mile away.

mt100gr.

WKR
I watched that part again, what they did was illegal since the carcass tag was not signed or detached on kill. Also, the license is supposed to be within the hunter's possession and it was not because it was in his hands and she was a half mile away.
Interesting. Thanks for the update on that. I'm not here to police anyone and it's not the first video I've seen posted entirely for "likes" and BBD street cred that contained some of the fine-print regs being violated.

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
i dunno man... your hard work and dedication really paid off with a beautiful deer.... but the shooters disinterested attitude was cringeworthy, at best..

i understand its your wife, you love her, and are proud but i would never want anyone to see this video if it was my wife... i would just post that nice picture of her with the head and cape....