Colorado 70/71 fall rain

bwlacy

WKR
When we were there the first two weeks of archery in 2015 it rained every day. Is that the normal weather pattern? Trying to decide on which rain gear I want to upgrade to. Something I may need and will spend most of the time in the pack. Or something that will get used daily.

I hunted 71 archery in 2015 and it rained every day I was up there. The locals and the game warden told me that was pretty normal. I would hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
I hunted 71 archery in 2015 and it rained every day I was up there. The locals and the game warden told me that was pretty normal. I would hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. I guess I better spend a little more on rain gear and plan on using it daily.

Bob92057

FNG
I was in 70 that year. Yeah it rained hard. Buts that's monsoon season so be prepared.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The monsoon can be earlier or later, just depends on the year. It also can adjust as to just how far north it goes. In 2013 it made it all the way up to northern CO and most of the rest of the state as well.

Tjwjr89

FNG
I was also in 71 the first 10 days of September 2015. That rain and lightning sucked. Hunted 71 again this past year same time and had one short rain/sleet storm then one rainstorm the last day and a half I was there. I currently have a love-hate relationship with lizard head that we're going to have to sort out. Lol

FlyGuy

WKR
3rd week of September 2016 I was in 74, right at the top near LHW. Rained 2 out of 7 days.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
I was also in 71 the first 10 days of September 2015. That rain and lightning sucked. Hunted 71 again this past year same time and had one short rain/sleet storm then one rainstorm the last day and a half I was there. I currently have a love-hate relationship with lizard head that we're going to have to sort out. Lol

We'll be there again this year for the last 2 weeks of archery. Hoping if I spend enough money on rain gear that it's like insurance and I don't need it :)

I hunted the first and third weeks of archery season in 2017, separate trips in separate mountain ranges but not more than about 30 miles apart. First week we had amazing weather, rain gear only came out one time. (although we almost got hit by lightning a couple times that afternoon) Second trip we got rained on every day. Some days 2 or 3 different times during the course of the day. Finally, the last day came and there was no rain. It snowed!!! When I'm more than an hour walk from my truck I always have good rain gear and a tarp for an emergency shelter if needed.