Colorado and Idaho OTC Questions

jacob95

FNG
Anybody hunt CO or ID OTC that can answer a couple questions? I'm not asking for a honey hole unit. My questions are more in line with drawing/licensing questions.

Thank You

OP
J

jacob95

FNG
So when you get an OTC tag for either state can you only hunt a certain number of units or can you hunt in any OTC designated unit?
Can I just show up and buy an OTC tag or is there a deadline I have to meet to get the tag? I know there are deadlines to draw but I assume there isn't with an OTC.

OP
J

jacob95

FNG
So when you get an OTC tag for either state can you only hunt a certain number of units or can you hunt in any OTC designated unit?
Can I just show up and buy an OTC tag or is there a deadline I have to meet to get the tag? I know there are deadlines to draw but I assume there isn't with an OTC.
What I mean by a certain number of Units, is I've been seeing that you put down 3 options,which I assume is 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of Units for the draw. I didn’t know if with OTC you bought the tag for a certain unit and thats all you could hunt.

Calbuck

WKR
Idaho changed literally in the past month to where you have to declare what unit you are going to hunt in as a nonresident. This is for deer only. You have to choose an elk “zone” which usually includes 2 or 3 units. I have no experience with Colo. The nonresident otc tags went on sale Tuesday and it’s first come. For the draw, things are different.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
In Colorado your OTC tag will be good for any OTC designated unit. Check out the big game brochure starting on page 38 for the units the tag will be good in for whether it be archery or rifle.

You can show up and buy your OTC tag the day you get to Colorado. You should be able to pick one up at any location that sells licenses. (Wally world, etc)

sndmn11

WKR
For clarity, only a few types of OTC licenses in Colorado can be purchased after the season starts at locations other than CPW offices.
Screenshot_20201203-202625~2.png