Colorado Antelope

B Brown

FNG

This is the results of my first ever big game hunt. I hunted with Bear Ivie in Stoneham, CO on a ranch of about 80,000 acres. The ranch is adjoining the Pawnee National Grasslands. I took this Goat on the third day of the hunt when it looked like my final day was going to be a washout. The shot was at 45 yards and unfortunately a little far back.

The day prior I had two really good oppurtonities on great bucks while stalking behind a horse. The first stalk was to 60 yards and I let an arrow go on a buck that was quartering away. My arrow was left and a complete miss. The next stalk was to about 55 yards when the horse spooked and put the goats on edge. I drew back to shoot but couldn't locate the buck. I had tunnel vision and only saw the three does. The buck was standing 10 yards to the right and I never saw him till he turned the afterburners on.

It was a fantastic hunt and I am addicted to hunting with a bow and hunting out west. Now its time to start planning for my first Whitetail adventures.

Last edited:
OP
B

B Brown

FNG
I was using a Muzzy Trocar 100 grain on an Easton Axis 400 spine. I was shooting them from a Hoyt Faktor 30 at 61 pounds.