Colorado Application Extension

Just an FYI for anyone that might’ve ran into the system error when applying or buying a preference point. Looks like you have until Friday at 8pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow....700,000 applicants for the big game draw. I haven't followed historical trends, but that sounds like alot. Wonder how many more will pile in between now and Friday night

Ucsdryder

WKR
Of course they extended it! A couple more days to make money for fisheries and dams!

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We need to go back to having to pay for the tags upfront in CO. When applicants for points Double, you know there is no turning back point creep. I wouldn't mind paying the few grand for tags as a resident and then get it back. But I think now with these last few years of 7 bucks a point, it opened the flood gates. OTC is going to be a mess for those doing that again this year. If people thought last year was bad, this one is going to be worse. Something has to give, and unfortunately it may be the animals that get the worst of it.

Jbehredt

WKR
I had no issues...... when I applied a month ago. A month in advance, like a grown adult who takes hunting seriously. Just in case on the outside chance there was an issue I’d have 30 more opportunities to login without approaching the deadline. Imagine calling in and throwing a fit because you couldn’t complete your app with hours to spare. Grow up. Perhaps you’d be happier kayaking or rock climbing so that the application process doesn’t overly burden you. Rant over.

So the CPW website crashes at the last hour (much like it does as soon as the Leftovers go on sale) due to the procrastinating last minute applicants and who pays? The diligent applicants who did theirs ahead of time but will now be subjected to even more point creep for being forward thinkers. Good work CPW.

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
I don’t exactly see the problem with people applying on the last day - anything with a deadline is always going to statistically draw more applicants near the end, no matter the situation. I might add, many people are waiting on others to make decisions, debating application vs. preference point, or in my case, have loved ones with health issues that have been more top of mind and distracted me until the last minute. I wouldn’t take issue with applicants as much as I would with the system and how they steward the resources.

whaack

WKR
I don’t exactly see the problem with people applying on the last day - anything with a deadline is always going to statistically draw more applicants near the end, no matter the situation. I might add, many people are waiting on others to make decisions, debating application vs. preference point, or in my case, have loved ones with health issues that have been more top of mind and distracted me until the last minute. I wouldn’t take issue with applicants as much as I would with the system and how they steward the resources.

They had 11 months to sort all that out.

Maverick1

WKR
I was in the system last night and did not experience any issues. Sample size of one FWIW.

CO2130

WKR
Too bad Colorado extended it. Of course they’ll continue doing more and more stupid things now that they’re combined with the parks and with Polis the governor. People had over a month to get it done and try to login the last 30 minutes and complain there was issues

Vandy321

WKR
It's time for a leadership change at CPW...how many more years of ineptitude are the taxpayers going to support?

They had 11 months to sort all that out.

I made a mental and physical note for my own deadline of when I had to make my decision. That deadline I gave myself was based on the small chance this is the first of many years I couldn’t hunt. I had to hold off on making my decision until “last minute” due to life circumstances. I agree with not procrastinating but also completely disagree with your statement. Life changes fast, especially in these times we are in.